·
Contributing Member
11,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Contributing Member
11,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you Mr. chaps! I am not gun savvy(except for shooting one) so I will give it a try!
Just be patient and if you get flustered walk away and come back. The fore end cap can sometimes make ya cuss on reassembly. :)

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Redbear,

Here's my "take" on it. EVERY manufacturer has problems. No machine makes perfect parts every single time, nor does a worker produce the same quality on every part he/she assembles. Surprisingly, the mood of the worker on any given day plays a part in that process, i.e. bad hang-over; had a fight with the wife; worried about the kid's grades in school, etc., etc., etc. There are deviations from "perfect" all the time. In production manufacturing, there is an "acceptable" level of quality...........it just has to be that way. If I want to pay for it, I can order a custom built firearm..........such as Wild West Guns crafts. From them I would expect perfection. From production made firearms I have to be willing to accept "acceptable" perfection. So personally I can't say anything bad about Marlin or Remington. I'm sure either would (would have in Marlin's case) be willing to replace a defective part.

• Love
Reactions: -69.55 and HDStreet

·
Registered
43 Posts
rubbman, as Bob said, it is easy enough but if you need help don't hesitate to ask.

Here's a thread on full disassembly. You only need to pull the mag tube and forearm though: http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/how-disassemble-clean/20184-disassembly-assembly-1895-pics.html
I tried removing the forearm but could not do it. I was able to force the cap and spring off out of the mag tube. The mag tube had a little play but the forearm would not budge. I have the Remlin ABL with the laminate stock.

·
Contributing Member
11,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I tried removing the forearm but could not do it. I was able to force the cap and spring off out of the mag tube. The mag tube had a little play but the forearm would not budge. I have the Remlin ABL with the laminate stock.
Be sure to rotate the mag tube as you work the forearm.

·
Registered
203 Posts
So far the two cracks have been found, both in Remington-made Marlins. A GBL and not sure on the other model but I think it's an 1895 standard.
If my count is accurate, we've seen three guns with very similar cracks in the mag tube slot. Two GBLs (one of those was from a previous thread) and one 1895G. Hope that's it.

·
Contributing Member
11,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If my count is accurate, we've seen three guns with very similar cracks in the mag tube slot. Two GBLs (one of those was from a previous thread) and one 1895G. Hope that's it.
Did we have two in that one thread? I know there is your gun and that one from the other thread. Did I miss one?

Three is even scarier!

1 - 20 of 192 Posts