Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with this brand, model, or online retailer?

Leapers UTG 3-9x32 Compact CQB Bug Buster Rifle Scope - SCP-M392AOLWQ

This is what I seek:

1. Under $150 in price.
2. Fits both 10/22 and AR platforms.
3. Readily transferable between rifles so one scope can service both weapons at need.
4. Good quality. I do not want junk.
5. Has these features:
a. Proofed against fog, shock, and rain.
b. Easily adjusted.
c. Range finder function.
d. Weaver/Picatinny mount system to accommodate both my rifles.
d. Clear view and good lighting—works in high or low light.
e. Flip-up lens caps desired, but not essential.
f. Durability.

Looking for suggestions, experience, advice.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
23,826 Posts
If it's made in China I would stay away. If from Japan I would then buy it. If USA made I would definitely go for it.

I have a tendency to stay away from China optics they are secondary in every way.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
If it's made in China I would stay away. If from Japan I would then buy it. If USA made I would definitely go for it.

I have a tendency to stay away from China optics they are secondary in every way.
I'm with swany.

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Leapers is very popular for mounting on air rifles. Distances are relatively short and the scope is supposedly resistant to the peculiar air rifle piston "recoil". Never laid eyes on one, but the optics need not be anything special for the distances usually involved.

I would recommend you look for a Vortex Diamonback, used or on special. I was very impressed with the optics and function of my new 1.75-5 x 32. Much better than i expected.

Reactions: Sparky civil

·
Premium Member
5,335 Posts
For $150, look at used Weavers or Redfields. I have never heard of Leapers scopes. I own a few Bushnells for rimfire rifles that I mounted onto an M1 Garand. They took a beating and still function just fine.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
yeah, I would stear clear of the UTG stuff for anything serious, very cheap china optics... way too many choices out there with much petter quality for around the same price point.... UTG was / is for airsoft and pellet guns.... but they do have a new line of AR parts Manufactured in the USA that are considerably better,
but not their optics...

·
El Kabong
8,333 Posts
Any glass you buy for $150 is gonna be crap, so take your pick. BSA makes good mildot crap scopes for $100 and up.

I only recommend one scope, one ring set, and they are out of your price range, this set up is just under $500, and I hit tomato paste cans at 884 yards with it
. Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
+1 on the vortex, been happy with everything ive gotten from them. Id give cameraland ny a call, they gave me a hell of a deal, good people and quick shipping.
I would stay away from the Crossfire if you use Vortex; mine did not hold up to my 500mag carbine; they are Chinese. I would not be afraid of their higher end scopes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.