Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Ran across this GBL for sale here in Alabama. Thought Id post the link if any of yall might be interested.

EDIT: Folks, again, I get that people wish to help others find firearms but obey the rules.

Read this as posted in the Trading Post regarding posting links:

PLEASE NO LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Thanks
Jack

·
Registered
932 Posts
You got to be careful with Arms list. They don't get involved if you get scammed. It's their policy that you agree to before viewing. It's good that they're upfront from the start. But it seems they don't screen the adds/sellers. If you use that site make sure you dot your i's and cross your t's. I'm sure most of the people that use that site to sell/trade are honest/good people. Last month I got scammed and I'm in the process of getting my money back.

·
Premium Member
12,152 Posts
I have used Armslist before but only to meet in person at my office and only the local listings. I would be very careful and never deal by mail with anyone on there I did not know personally.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Armslist is like posting ad in local paper's classified section back in the day. No pics, just description, price and contact info. Everything else was between seller and buyer.

·
El Kabong
8,333 Posts
Ive done dozens of FTF transactions through arms list. You can normally sow the wheat from the chaff via phone or text before you evre get in your car.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've done a number of deals through Armslist, none of which were face to face and only a few of which were in state. The responsibility is all on the users. Buyer beware. Do your homework.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep I made the misstake of posting the link. and it was deleted. But Ive done quite a few deals locale FTF. Feel them out on the phone then do the deal. I just like to help see a good rifle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts