Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Just had a similiar experience, that worked out well enough. If you haven't already done so, getting an idea/line on a replacement stock, original or reproduction before committing, will put the deal into a more realistic perspective. Thinking the scope doesn't really add value to this deal, and would try to work the price lower. Recently picked up, a 1951 336A in 35 Rem with a bad buttstock for $350 (includes $30 shipping and $20 FFL fee), so would have to say $375 is something worth considering in my book. Once that stock is replaced its more like a $550.00 dollar rifle.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
I thought if you had a gun you shot someone with it in defense not used it as a club.
By the time you re-stocked it and did all of that work would it be worth your while at that point?
That is not counting anything that could be wrong besides being used as a bat. Because whatever split the stock could have bent something.
But all that said if I wanted a project I would be all over it like white on rice.
But not being a betting man I would have to think real hard before jumping in on it.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
The barrel being drilled for the scope base REALLY!? turns me off.

·
Administrator
23,796 Posts
As if the busted stock was not bad enough, that sling swivel looks in a good position to be in the bulls eye.

$250 gun maybe. It looks rough.

·
Registered
10,159 Posts
I've seen that one up there for a while. Like what some of the others have said, I think this is one you walk away from.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts