Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I go and get myself a .22 WMR pistol.

That makes the .22LR shortage period look like a buffet.

How much did it even used to cost? Because all I've seen is .50 - $250/500

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
$15/50 around here when you can find it.

Reactions: khigh

·
Premium Member
15,420 Posts
I have some older boxes of .22 mag Winchester Super-X that are marked $4.99 per box ( and I promise when I bought it for that years ago, I complained about it being over priced)

I bought two boxes of .22 mag about three weeks ago and it cost me $15.00 a box, the only two boxes I have seen at the stores in three years

·
Registered
857 Posts

I think you have better chances hiking out there and looking for the 370 plane than finding 22wmr's.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I feel your pain. 22 mag has been a tough one to find in our area, too. Have managed to snag a few boxes at $15 a box, this last year, but have seen it at $20 a box (at Wal-mart, of all places and it was gone in minutes, even at that price) and even $25 a box at gun shows. These days, when we want to shoot rimfire other than 22 LR, we go to 17 HMR. It's a touch cheaper, but, more importantly, it has never been out of stock in our stores, even during the worst of the ammo crunch.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Saw a few boxes of WMR on the shelf in Tulalip, WA yesterday when I bought 1000 rds of 22Lr. Course they advertised Win copper clad. I got there 30 min before opening & was # 389 in line. A Cabela employee came down the line asking who were there for the 22s ( most of us were). She handed out a ticket to each person in line for 22s & it guaranteed you got your 1000 rds for $ 45. Shortly after she passed me she ran out of tickets & announced to the rest of the line that there some bricks on the shelf that were'nt guaranteed. Everyone kept patient but after the announcement a few near the end of the line walked back to their cars & left. Started to rain a little but that is normal for Wa****onians. They let us in by 100 person batches every few minutes. When I got inside I got in the line that curved around to the back of the store. When I got to the ammo, it was Blazer w/laid solids...OK for what I wanted it for...& bought it. Then got at the back of the line to get to the check stand. When I retired & took off my BDUs for the last time I said I wasn't standing in anymore lines..oh well, glad for the ammo...bait & switch or otherwise.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
I'm paying 15-16 a box of 50rds.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Between $11.00 and $15 for 50 around these parts, have bought several hundred rounds since I've even seen any .22LR?

·
Banned
1,175 Posts

In some cases, it is actually cheaper to shoot centerfire ammo than 22 rimfire. Demand is higher than supply so you are going to have to live with it until it changes the other way. Sucks.

James

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ouch - yeah - I get 9mm for what - $23/100 all day long.

And this pistol comes with 2 30 rd mags. It will take more than a 50 box to fill just the mags it came with.

Oh well - it should be a fun toy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cabelas had it in stock a a few days last week on their website, and it'll probably be back next week. It tends to stay in stock longer than the .22 LR does, so keep checking. It is expensive, though probably as good a price as you'll find anywhere. They've been keeping their .22LR prices fairly low, so I'm guessing they're doing the same with .22 HMR.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
No WMR around here for a long time. 17HMR seems to be a lot easier to find.

Reactions: Excellent959

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
Got 5 boxes of Winchester grey box 50's for $7.XX per at a Walmart in Addison, TX last Tuesday because that's what it was marked. I think it had been so long since they had any they didn't change the price on the shelf. It rang up at $2.90 per box more than tagged. It took 15 minutes but I ended up getting a gift card for the difference.

Funny thing is the only reason I was at that Walmart 60+ miles from home was I had training that day and got a PM on another forum about a guy selling the exact same thing for $15 per box (still OK right now since show price is $28 per) close by but he wasn't quite ready when I came through on the way home. I still visited him too. I know I was fortunate.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Almost none in my area, .22lr shows up every now and again but I haven't seen WMR for a long time. I'm told boxes don't last but an hour or two on the shelves, guess I need to be more persistent...

·
Super Moderator
6,563 Posts
Wmr stayed on the shelves here for much longer than lr, but eventually disappeared as well. Lr has since come back, but wmr is almost impossible to find.

Reactions: Catherine

·
Premium Member
3,681 Posts
Ouch - yeah - I get 9mm for what - $23/100 all day long.

And this pistol comes with 2 30 rd mags. It will take more than a 50 box to fill just the mags it came with.

Oh well - it should be a fun toy.
Here in N G my local Wallyworld had some Saturday AM at $11 a box of fifty

·
Registered
253 Posts
If there's one thing the .22lr shortage has done for me, it's really encouraged me become highly proficient with my carry 9mm. I couldn't even guess how many thousands of 9mm bullets I've cast over the past two years and have cycled through my Beretta. That's a good thing. I've become very serious and regimented about my training. It's funny, though... I would have never thought 9mm would ever be cheaper than .22lr.

Reactions: Sideswipe

·
Registered
38 Posts
So have you shot that Keltec PMR -30 yet ? I have been looking at them but havent bought one cause of the availiability of ammo for it

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I was considering a .22WMR about time the rimfire supply ship started to sink. I wanted the extra power for predarors.

Well, instead I decided to try handloads with Trail Boss and 40-45gr HP's. They have the same velocity, make the same amount of noise, and though they cost no less, they are as easy to find as walking into my shop in the basement. The brass lasts forever.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts