Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oopps. :oops: I meant sporting carbines. I like the looks of them, and I wish marlin would bring them back... and no barrel bands!

G

·
I own three of them at the moment , and they all shoot really well :D I have intentions of getting an SC or A and making a 7-30 Waters in SC out of it :wink:

·
Registered
81 Posts
If I may ask, would you please tell me what a "sporting carbine" is?
and what is the difference in the subject line and what 6-pt wrote?
they look the same to me. Am I that old and blind? Maybe I shouldn't be in the woods with a gun!!

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
The Sporting Carbines have the 20 inch barrel like the regular carbines but they have 3/4 mag tube. They are a neat gun, I have a 30-30 SC thanks to Big Redhead and it is a real shooter. as far as accuracy I dont know that it is any more accurate than my RC. Wish I had one in 35 Rem and 32 Win spec. :D

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Sporting Carbines are rifles with 20" barrels, short mag tubes, and of course forearm tenons and caps, instead of carbine bands.
In the old days, a SC was identical to a carbine, including the barrel bands, but had a half mag tube. They evolved over the years, so it depends on what era you're talking, as to what an SC is.

G

·
va_hunter said:
If I may ask, would you please tell me what a "sporting carbine" is?
and what is the difference in the subject line and what 6-pt wrote?
they look the same to me. Am I that old and blind? Maybe I shouldn't be in the woods with a gun!!
Let me clarify for you . 336A and 336SC look the same except for barrel length ( A-24",SC-20"). These rifles have NO barrel bands, just a forend cap and a dovetail. Where a RC has barrel bands at the forend and the end of the barrel an mag tube. When I said I had three , I meant I had one in each caliber (30-30,32,and 35). And I also want another to build a 7-30 Waters with the 20" barrel like an SC.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Va hunter, I originally said scouting carbine in the heading, and edited it to sporting carbine after the mistake was caught to get more interest in the thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts