Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out at the lease doing my maintenance thing like feeder batteries, camera batteries, loading corn and changing camera cards when along came this target of opportunity. I wasn't hunting but when I pull thru the gate I strap on the Super Blackhawk 44Mag, pull out the .444S and prop it up on the passenger side seat after I close the gate. Since I wasn't hunting I did not take my camera.

Long story short, once I shot this little gilt I knew this is the exact size my hunting buddy likes to smoke the hams for pulled pork and also for breakfast sausage. Then I remembered the game cam was taking pics whether I was there or not. So...I hoisted her up and posed for pics. I tried to show where I shot her but the dang shadow doesn't really let you see the tip of the knife blade.

I shot her too fast and way close and forgot the 1 1'2" center of barrel to center of scope so the shot is a bit low but she dropped DRT anyway.

Scraping ticks

Think I am big now? ;D This is after loosing 80#. NBS Also, I cannot sing loud enough the praises of Under Armor Tech Tees. $19 and they are sooooo cool I don't wear my cotton T's any more!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Awesome! I'm envious of you guys with all them hogs!

·
Registered
21,202 Posts
Congrats!

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dr. A said:
Great shooting. Dewrag? Whats the world coming to with these young folks! :D ;)
I don't have a ventilated cap and the lack of thick hair on the back of the head starts the skin to itching and burning really quickly nowadays. ;)

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
six_gunz said:
Awesome! I'm envious of you guys with all them hogs!
I am, too. I'd love to be able to shoot one of those critters. Unfortunately we don't have them around here.

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Nice hog, perfect eating size :). Also congrats on losing the weight, I need to drop some pounds myself ;).

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Oh yeah baby, nice and tender. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.