Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no recipe for anything apples .....yet, when the Mrs. and I were in Door county we picked up some apples for pie, applesauce and whatever else comes along. My problem was peeling and slicing them. Found this handy item and it is a life saver. Cost me about $18.00, after peeling my first batch, I got to thinking about this device. Peels, cores, and slices in one motion, the slices come out as a spiral, one cut and you have half slices for your pie! Great idea!! I think you can do any of the step individually so peel, remove the core only, slice with skin on etc. I did a search for apple peeler, this one is typical, but there are motorized one too. Just do it, big time saver
Musical instrument Fluid Liquid Guitar Material property
Wood Gas Tool Fashion accessory Metal
Macaroon Food Ingredient Toy Wood
Food Ingredient Cuisine Dish Toy
Food Plant Fruit Ingredient Kitchen utensil
Food Eyelash Plant Ingredient Recipe
Fluid Wood Coconut Fruit Liquid
Food Ingredient Tableware Staple food Cuisine

·
Registered
812 Posts
Apple pie isn't real difficult! Found a recipe one time, you sliced your apples laid them in your pie crust, just poured the sugar and cinnamon over the apples, add a few pats of butter, put the top of your crust on and baked it, simple as could be. Advent church was selling apples by the box for a fund raiser, and the wife brought a box home. She came in one night, and I was sitting there peeling apples, the hard way, in a rather large bowl, so she of course inquired. And, upon my telling her I was going to bake a pie, she gave me the strangest look and said... "But, I don't have a pie crust!"

At which I replied... "But, you do have flour, shortening, salt, and water, and that is all that is needed to construct one dear!"

Yeah, you probably guessed it... "Oh this I have got to see!"

She ate her words, and my pie. Pretty sure she enjoyed the pie more!! Because it was quite tasty.

Same recipe here but it calls for nutmeg rather than cinnamon.

Pie Crust Recipe too in case your wife don't have one in the freezer.

--- Oh yes, pie recipe doesn't mention it, but if you build your own crust, and roll it out, don't forget to toss some flour on the counter before rolling, or it'll stick to the counter on you. Don't ask me how I know these things!

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
That's why they say--easy as pie.

I you really want even easier than that, make a crisp. Apples, sugar, cinnamon, butter in a baking dish, then sprinkle the crisp coating on top--flour, dried oats, brown sugar. As it bakes, it soaks up juice from the apples.

Reactions: rocky1

·
Registered
812 Posts
That's why they say--easy as pie.

I you really want even easier than that, make a crisp. Apples, sugar, cinnamon, butter in a baking dish, then sprinkle the crisp coating on top--flour, dried oats, brown sugar. As it bakes, it soaks up juice from the apples.

Yeah, but then you won't have all the fun of listening to your wife tell everyone, "And, he made the dang pie crust from scratch! I couldn't believe it."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts