Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd love it if there was such a thing as a stainless 1895 Cowboy. Anyone put together a gustom 45-70 that approximates such an animal? Stainless octagon barrels out there somewhere? I can't imagine a prettier gun.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'd like to see one!!!!!! Sounds interesting.

Or maybe a color casehardend receiver and blued octagonal barrel???? ;D

·
Registered
8,711 Posts
Stainless sixguns...oh yeah! Old fashion cowboy rifles...blue steel and walnut! ;D Thats just my opinion thow! I do like stainless guides, sbl's and the rest, but put an octagon on it and I like the bued ones! ;)

Come to think of it if you put one in front of me i'd probably want one! ::)

·
Registered
593 Posts
I agree with Lever addict on this one. It would be interesting but I think I would prefer the blue and walnut with the octagon barrel.

·
Registered
549 Posts
mt1761 said:
I'd love it if there was such a thing as a stainless 1895 Cowboy. Anyone put together a gustom 45-70 that approximates such an animal? Stainless octagon barrels out there somewhere? I can't imagine a prettier gun.
That's my next project, as soon as I find a decent host rifle. I am a diehard fan of 16" full octagon barrels and saddle rings. The only Marlins that I presently own are 1895's, three STP's, two Cowboy Carbine LTD III's and due in sometime next week is an STBL.
edit; for links
http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php/topic,85699.0.html
http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php/topic,82241.0.html

·
Registered
593 Posts
Here I would rather have the longer, 24"-26", barrel on a cowboy model with an octagon barrel. I know it would be heavy but I am not much in to the 16" barrels. They look like a long pistol to me and I like the looks of a rifle. My SBL has the 18.5" barrel and that is as short as I want to go.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I agree six guns yes, rifles no. In fact what I would like to see is more of an old time brown finish on a CB.

Rossi made (may still do but I do not know for sure) 24" stainless W92 copies and I heard they were popular enough with teh CBA crowd, especially the balck powder shooters.

I would hat to have to clean balck powder residue out of a 92 though.

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
I like my 1895GS because it is the gun I carry in the elements most likely and stainless has advantages in rain country. Round barrel stainless looks okay, but I just prefer blued, and with an octagon barrel, stainless doesn't do it for me at all, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It will be hard to find a stainless octagon barrel so you will really need to want one bad in order to make it happen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.