Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey does anyone remember the particulars of that guy that posted here that worked at a Cabelas I think down in Texas??? They had some old Marlins that he wondered why they weren't moving. This wasn't too long before the MO went down and we lost that info. Main question would be which Cabelas did that guy work at? Hopefully someones got a better memory than me!!!

Thanks,

Geoff

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot Cowboykel,

How are things back in TR country?? We're getting close to things breaking loose here for another growing season. You know how it is, go as hard as you can but I think I'm ready. Take care,

Geoff

·
Banned
81 Posts
It's the start of calving season, twenty cows calved...had 4 sets of twins. I sell the extra calves at 3-4 days old to other ranchers that have lost calves (got down below zero couple of nights) for $350.00...helps the gun slush fund.

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
cowboykell said:
...had two round barrels...ugh!
I agree - If they don't have octagonal bbls, I just keep movin'.......

Shum8

·
Registered
579 Posts
I like round barrels, soooo moooreee for me!!! moodyholler

·
Registered
120 Posts
Geoff,

Thanks for running my traps. I called Cabelas in Buda, TX a few minutes ago. The only thing they have left is a round barrel, 40 caliber 1881 and a bunch of 93s.

Thanks much, don't quit now!!!!!!

Chug

·
Registered
37 Posts
Howdy,

Sorry to be so long between postings, but my login here is kinda sticky.. have to remember my password and stuff. ;)

We still have a few Marlins, some really nice ones. As some have been told, the nicer ones are round barrel, which might explain some of the cool reception.

Here's one.. yes, it's a RB, but it sure is nice!

Here's the link to the online listing.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/c.../inventory/buda/fine_rifle/381806_mar1893.jsp

Adios,

·
Registered
37 Posts
While I'm still here..
Let me mention that we have a Model 27 in 25RF that is in excellent shape as well.. Deep blue and very nice. Call for the price as it is not online and I can't recall it off the top of my head.

We also got in the most beautiful 1892.. it is amazing!
Adios,

·
Registered
335 Posts
That 93 is in a lot nicer condition than mine is, Cube. Those colors are really nice, what caliber is it?........Buck 8) :roll: :wink:

·
Registered
37 Posts
That's the ol' 30-30, amigo..
There are more pictures if you follow the link.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Cube,

Great to see you back. Great pictures, what a beautiful rifle, just about $2500 out of my price range. I can't quite run with the big dogs yet but I can still drool and admire!!!! Keep feeding us the info, always really interesting!

Geoff

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks G,

I'll try to post interesting Marlins as we get them photographed.
We do have a couple of octagon barrels.
One refinished 1893 in 38-55.. nice job, it is a take down, but they blued the reciever. Still, decent gun.
Another is an antique 1893 in 38-55, original finish, but not much left. I can't remember how the bore looks. Very solid gun.
One more is all I can remember, a 30-30 1893. Brown gun, decent shape, it's $800.

Y'all take care,

·
Banned
398 Posts
What is going with the thumbscrew on the 1892? It looks like it does not
have any finish. Were the thumbscrews blued or cased on this model?
I am not sure Ibut I think they were blued. This gun could possibly be a
restoration. I would have to have it my hands to know for sure.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The thumbscrew is blue and it looks a bit washed out because it is against the vibrant case color.

Look at the difference in the finish on the lever and the hammer. Even the edges of the reciever are worn. The gun appears honest to the eye and the hand. There are flaws, the stock has a long chip on the butt. Obviously everyone is welcome to their own opinions. It's rare to find such a superb specimen and experience with them will be limited.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts