Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Anyone reading anything good?

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  tough123 
#1 ·
I'm reading Arctic Dreams by Barry Lopez, it's non-fiction that discusses the ecosystems abd wildlife of the arctic...even if you don't understand what he's saying, he writes so eloquently that you'll find a way to understand even if it means getting a thesaursus.

#2 ·
"African Game Trails" by Theodore Roosevelt. It's probably the fifth time I've read it. I think it's a great book however, it makes me want to go back to Africa every time! Jay

#6 ·
Sarge, yes, I guess it is. :shock: In reality I haven't started it yet, but it IS on my list to read before Christmas. 8) After Nightrain52 " The ********'s Guide to Pick-up Women" I thought something a bit more serious would benefit RomanCandle. :lol:

This book I picked up from a deceased uncle's house which was being emptied to be sold. :cry: It is not something I would have normally bought, but sometimes the books one wouldn't buy are the ones that broaden one's horizons the most. Actually I have two more by Mr. Hawkings, waiting to see if I understand the first one. :wink:

#8 ·
I shore have but everytime I try to put it to good use some ******* gal hits me over the head with a beer bottle and shoves me off in the mud wrestling pit. Then it's ever man for himself. I just don't understand ******* women :!: :shock:

#10 ·
RC, remember the seasons are inverted down south. Chile in February is summer. 8) As for the Spanish, keep in mind that some words mean totally different things in various countries. Some will get you a lot of (male) friends very quickly. :lol: :lol: Others will embarrass you, maybe. :shock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.