Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Love the half octagon barrels.

My 1895 CLTD has one as well and it is awesome! It is the only rifle that Marlin produced that compares to this 444 Anniversary Model.

Someday I'll find an 1895 LTD-V to buy as well.

-Bob

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Wow! Great looking rifles.

If Marlin can make those without the unsightly digital box and S/N on the left side of the receiver then why can't they make them all without it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Most of my older rifles the numbers are on the bottom of the receiver. Most of the newer ones they are on the side. These do have a sn on the side, just very small and doesn't look like a dot matrix printed it out.

·
Registered
794 Posts
WOW!! Good investment!

Reactions: rcb

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Beautiful gun, would like to own one, just wish they went all the way with the octagon barrel...
I liked the half octagon, but I wish it had been a straight stock, hehe. I would love to have seen a matching sling too but who knows how much that would have added to the price tag.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I liked the half octagon, but I wish it had been a straight stock, hehe. I would love to have seen a matching sling too but who knows how much that would have added to the price tag.
Yup, now your'e talking, straight stock as well!

·
Registered
702 Posts
the 444 150th model is the one they should've been making as a 444 Cowboy model for years, minus all the fancy engraving

·
Registered
702 Posts
this is about as close to a 444 Cowboy as we're gonna get

·
Registered
26 Posts
ive had one on order since they were announced earlier this year. luck for those getting them. if you know a faster way id like the info. awesome looking

·
Registered
67 Posts
Absolutely beautiful weapon, where I hunt and pack critters out with a slung rifle it would just bother me to no end to scratch. Kind of like taking a brand new vette to a Walmart parking lot.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts