Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
4,981 Posts
I have the Chiappa Rhino 50DS I thought I was buying it for myself, but my wife loved it so much she ....appropriated it. But it does what it claims, recoil = negligible no matter how hot the load, zero muzzle flip, very accurate, stiff trigger and stiffer cocking lever (it doesn't have a real hammer), odd grip, but comfortable once you get used to it. Very complex mechanism and I hope it never needs repair! They can be tuned, but you may need to find a gunsmith to do it OR send it back to Chiappa to "lighten" the whole operation. Here's a pic of some of my revolvers, guess which one the Rhino is! :biggrin:

· Premium Member
4,981 Posts
I've found it to be a tack driver actually....surprisingly accurate, you will be amazed at the weight....which is what attracted my wife to it at first. Super light! She likes my GP100, but can't hold it up very long :).

· Premium Member
4,981 Posts
From my understanding, this was "proposed" by the Italian gov't in 2011, but never actually happened. The gov't "changed" and their mind changed with it, Plus the US distributer threatended to discontinue carrying any Chiappa if this actually happened. You'll notice that most of the posts on this are now old, dating back to 2011, you can find newer posts, but most are stating that this never happened.

· Premium Member
4,981 Posts
Tell me about it, they have a way of making it sound like it's good for you.....till you actually need it...OR they use it to come take it away. Can you imagine a criminal coming to your door, hacking your pistol so it doesn't work! You're just left standing there with a paperweight in your hand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.