Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
No BLR but it just traded off a Browning ba in 270WSM. Beautiful rifle, It was NIB with 3 boxes of Ammo and had a 4x12 scope with it.
I shot it with a 6x, two boxes. Didn't bother to sight in just shot for group. With factory ammo it did a 1" average at 100yds. Was thinking about keeping it but have a good 270 and didn't want to get into another cartridge. Got to many collecting dust as it is. My
experience with BLRs has all been good. My dad bought a 243/3x9 outfit off a guy that won it. That's when they were 1st out. Dad shot
a lot of 300yd groundhogs with it. I've had a couple 308s and they were good shooters too. More than you would expect out of a lever gun. image.jpeg

·
Registered
642 Posts
Yes I had a BLR in 270 wsm it would group 1" or under at 100 yds . Nice rifle traded it for something else I had to have.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Almost, a BLR 7mm WSM. A Lightning model, short action, slim 22 inch barrel, nice light handy rifle. Triggers on my two recent BLRs are much improved. Factory ammo is fast and accurate at about 1.25 inch from a rest at 100yds. Think my chronograph had Federal 150gr loads just under 3200 fps, which is fast for a 22 inch barrel. This is my long range lever rifle. So far have not been able to get inside 2 inches with full power 150gr handloads, still have some other powders to try. Can get near MOA with loads down around 2900fps, IMR 4831. For the time being using factory ammo, until the handloads get figured out. The 7MM WSM is pretty much DOA, the 270 WSM is the way to go. Almost identical cases, think the 7MM WSM has a minimum bit more length to the shoulder to prevent complete chambering in a 270 WSM .

Reactions: flatsneck

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Almost, a BLR 7mm WSM. A Lightning model, short action, slim 22 inch barrel, nice light handy rifle. Triggers on my two recent BLRs are much improved. Factory ammo is fast and accurate at about 1.25 inch from a rest at 100yds. Think my chronograph had Federal 150gr loads just under 3200 fps, which is fast for a 22 inch barrel. This is my long range lever rifle. So far have not been able to get inside 2 inches with full power 150gr handloads, still have some other powders to try. Can get near MOA with loads down around 2900fps, IMR 4831. For the time being using factory ammo, until the handloads get figured out. The 7MM WSM is pretty much DOA, the 270 WSM is the way to go. Almost identical cases, think the 7MM WSM has a minimum bit more length to the shoulder to prevent complete chambering in a 270 WSM .

I'd say thats very good accuracy especially from a lever gun. I wish the 7mm WSM and the WSSM calibers has taken off better than they did.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No BLR but it just traded off a Browning ba in 270WSM. Beautiful rifle, It was NIB with 3 boxes of Ammo and had a 4x12 scope with it.
I shot it with a 6x, two boxes. Didn't bother to sight in just shot for group. With factory ammo it did a 1" average at 100yds. Was thinking about keeping it but have a good 270 and didn't want to get into another cartridge. Got to many collecting dust as it is. My
experience with BLRs has all been good. My dad bought a 243/3x9 outfit off a guy that won it. That's when they were 1st out. Dad shot
a lot of 300yd groundhogs with it. I've had a couple 308s and they were good shooters too. More than you would expect out of a lever gun. View attachment 741851
I've owned an A-Bolt in 7 Rem mag for over twenty years. When I bought it I put an inexpensive Simmons 44 Mag 4x12 scope on it. It shot well and still shoots well. I would go a different route with the scope now because I know a little more about optics then I did back then. It still shoots so well I hate to change it now lol!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts