Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone load 375Win with Cutting Edge .375dia 200 gr Handgun Raptor or 175 gr Maximus bullets? I bought a box of each (ouch-not cheap) and picture below. I don’t have a 200gr Sierra or Power Point for a comparison in the picture. I placed a 375 Winchester factory 200gr power point round in photo for scale.

Cutting Edge bullets provided me load data for the 175 gr Maximus for various powders. Their data for 5744 powder is 2525fps for a 31 gr max load, 24” barrel. Their website says terminal performance of Maximus is down to 1400fps. I’ve yet to find any load data for the 200gr HG Raptor? Also, I don’t have max/min terminal performance fps for HG Raptor?

Lead free is coming nation wide. The Obama administration decreed lead free on all federal land, over turned by Trump, and back any day with Biden. I’ll update the forum on my results. It will take a couple months. If you have experience with these bullets it would be great to hear from you. Thanks.
IMG_20210221_1222086.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Please keep the forum posted on results and how well the CE non-lead bullets cycle in a lever action. I wish they had a non-lead 38-55 .377 diameter bullet.

·
Premium Member
6,246 Posts
I haven't tried anything in my 375 Win except the 200gr Sierra FN with H4198. I have some 220gr Hornady FN that I acquired this winter, but I haven't loaded any yet.

I don't have lead free bullets for any of my guns, so I'm curious as to how these work out for you. That one bullet looks really long for the 375 Win case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts