Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
An "exclusive" Remlin.... Only time will tell if it is worth it. Why take a chance when you can have real McCoys for $850 and whose value is increasing? An investment for those with more money than sense.

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
I'm not much for that gold inlay/engraving etc. for a rifle I plan to use in the field, and actually prefer the older smooth stocked rifles, but personally do like that checkering better than what is now normally seen. I don't have audio at the moment so used the CC (closed captions) which lack any clarity, but it seemed to say they were going to offer them in .35 rem which is cool, ha!

·
Registered
692 Posts
I like Chelsea better than the Remlin

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
I would like to see one live and in color.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I think 20yrs from know, this particular rifle will have some value to the collectors, as the first Remlin (and hopefully not last) attempt at a higher grade rifle.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I like that Remington is making an attempt at a deluxe model and best of luck to them. Not my kind of gun, though, even if it was a JM. Have learned from hard (and expensive) experience that fancy guns just collect dust in our safe for fear of scratching them. My husband and I are too much the shooting kind for such a gun.

·
Super Moderator
25,163 Posts
Hey T-Roy--my Glenny with the fancy Black Walnut stocks looks more like a Marlin Special Edition than that Remlin does.

Reactions: T-Roy

·
Premium Member
11,171 Posts
Special Editions now, are like Commemorative's.................Anyone ever see a Commemorative go up in value?...............

As for that rifle....................Eh,...........:vollkommenauf: ......I see nothing exciting..........its a 30-30...............He said the 336C was/is available in 35 rem.....He didn't say that Limited Edition was.........:vollkommenauf:.....:hmmmm:

I know, ................Call me hard to please, but its a NY rifle, built in 135 seconds or less, in an Assembly Cell...............How great could it possibly be?

Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts