Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could you post picture?I can't find it on Marlin website.I saw one at local dealers like new for $499 with Nikon Pro Staff 2-7x32 scope.Is this a good deal or overpriced?Thanks. I am thinking of getting for a deer rifle in Northern Michigan.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Was the laminate stock a Marlin or a Boyds stock? Now that I think of it, it must have been a Boyds stock as Marlin doesn't make a laminate stock for the short actions, at least not that I know of.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure whether it was Boyds or Marlin.I saw the gun locally at shop and it looked new ith Nikon ProStaff 2-7 scope for $499.

·
Registered
631 Posts
phantom, I don't know how prices are in your area, but around here the marlin would cost about $300. The scope about $120 and the Boyds stock runs about $112 delivered. That totals $532 for all new outfit. What they are asking is too much for my location. You will have to determine if it is a good deal in your location.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that gunshop prices things pretty high anyway.Maybe they'll deal a little on it. I'll have to ask when I go again. My only drawback with it is the blind mag and the 2x7x32 scope.I would put a 3-9 by 40 or 50 with Illuminated reticle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts