Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who has wound up with a old Marlin lever action in 30-30, thers no serial number on it & the only thing we can find is 30TK, Marlin firearms, New Haven Con., according to the owner he spoke with a couple gun smiths & they cant find any info on it.

He bought the gun & never offer to shoot it before hand & as luck would have it...it dont fire, so it needs some work done but I told him before I tear into it I need to find out some info about it first so I figured I would ask the pros on here.

Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
297 Posts
It is a Marlin Texan made for Kmart. I have a 30TK and love it, never had any problems what so ever. These guns are highly sought after, very accurate and are great to carry.

riflerick

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I have a 30TK and love it, never had any problems what so ever. These guns are highly sought after, very accurate and are great to carry.
I love my 30TK. Its my favorite configuration of the 336.

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
Appalachia said:
I have a friend who has wound up with a old Marlin lever action in 30-30, thers no serial number on it & the only thing we can find is 30TK, Marlin firearms, New Haven Con., according to the owner he spoke with a couple gun smiths & they cant find any info on it.

He bought the gun & never offer to shoot it before hand & as luck would have it...it dont fire, so it needs some work done but I told him before I tear into it I need to find out some info about it first so I figured I would ask the pros on here.

Thanx in advance.
It has to have a serial number on it. All those guns had serial numbers. It should be on the top or bottom tang.

·
Super Moderator
15,837 Posts
The number is on the top tang, it'll be a 10 or 11 start as Marlin only made these for K-mart in 1989 and 1990. The K= K-mart and the T=Texan. As mentioned very accurate and just a dream to carry in the field. I suggest you drop on by the Reference Library down the forum some and look at the gunsmithing section for help on cleaning, tweaking and bolt tear down. Tell us more on "it don't fire", hard to get you going in the right direction with such a vague description.. Right above this forum in the blue are the Stickys'...you'll find this one---Marlin's Texans, that's a good listing with pics of Marlin Texans. Mr fixit

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've made a spelling error, it should be HE can find the ser.#, I'm headed over to day & give it a look'n over, acutally had thoughts on buy'n it just so I can get some hands on at repairing a lever gun.

give ya'll a shout with more details ASAP.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Those TK rifles are real sleepers - I don't think many people paid attention to them when they were in production and they are in demand now by people who really have a feel for desirable features on a woods rifle. I like everything about them - almost. Just wish the stock & forearm were the plain, straight-grained walnut Marlin used on some of the store guns they made for Westpoint, JC Penney, Sears, Western Auto, etc.

Cedar Creek

On the 'won't fire' deal - I would take some fresh ammo and try that first.

·
Super Moderator
15,837 Posts
I had to go and mess up the refinish job on my birch stock, so the only REAL answer was to convert a pistol grip stock and forearm to the 30TK, which I think Marlin should have done in the first place, but this was a K-mart model. Mr fixit

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts