Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a kid.. my uncle Thurman had one.
.22 shorts..
No telling how many rounds us boys shot.
For many years I wanted one.
Then .. about a year ago..
I bought two sa22s...
Short and long rifle.
Fantastic and accurate rifles.
I set mine up with Leupolds 2x7 rimfire scopes.
Browning mounts.. and Talley rings.
Pure classic wood and steel.
John Moses was truly a genuis.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I loved the one I had,but the only bad to it was squirrel hunting in fall on warm days,dam MTs always went right down the cuff on my flannel shirt,burned like hell.I suppose the Dems would count that as a firearm related statistic

·
Registered
176 Posts
Still have my first 22, take out on occasion, pop pop its fun. Started my girls shooting and being safe with that one! Memory’s

·
Registered
7,857 Posts
Still have my Henry Mini bolt single shot 22. Also, my old Rem 513, and 514. Still got my Win model 75----old faithful. Still a tack driver.

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms!
10,795 Posts
Love my '65 Wheel Sight model. Best .22 semi auto made IMHO. My close second is my Winchester Model 63. It has not been fired in over 40 years! (shame on me)

It was the first gun I ever fired. I was hooked at 5. Afterward, Grandad took me into the garage to 'help' clean it. The knurled Take Down screw and the inner workings of the gun mesmorized me. That was the deed that inspired me 50 years later to make and produce a knurled, coin slotted take down screw for centerfire Marlin lever guns replacing the lever pivot screw. They are no longer for sale because of Remlin's rough threads. All mine have one.

AC

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well here I am, �� been reminiscing..
Back in the summer of 68? To late 80s
Carried my grandpa's old Remington pump 572.
"ALOT".. My family always had a glenfield around..
A speed master 552.. (uncle Herbs).. if my memory serves me correctly..
And of course Uncle Thurman's old Belgium .22 shorts..
uncle Thurman was our coon hunting guru.
He had the best Dogs ��
Many many nights.. we had a blast.
Between that sa22 and my old 572 Remington..
Lots of memories.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Yes, they are great rifles. I love my grade I and my grade II and have been looking for a grade III at a decent price for the past 3 decades.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
When I was a kid I had Marlin 97 at 5yr old. My dads buddy had Brn 22 and I thought I needed one. Went to a cnty. fair and gallery had
22short Brns. Pestered old man and he let me shoot. The hot empties were going down my sleeve. Then I didn't want one anymore. I did when I was a teenager. The first one I got used was a 22short model. Over the years had two more both 22lr. It's funny I've had a lot of 22 rifles in my life. Hundreds of them. All the old Wins I had many of same models. I only had 3 Brn autos and haven't owned one
since 80s. I think that was probably due to their high cost and there just wasn't many on the market. When I was in bussiness I only sold one new and no used ones came in. I would call it the Cadillac of 22auto loaders.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I really enjoy mine. It is now just for plinking and the odd armadillo in the middle of the night.
Sweet shooting little rifle...and when taken down will fit in my backpack.
RT4

1 - 12 of 12 Posts