Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody using "Wipeout"?

I was checking out at the gun shop the other day when the clerk suggested I try a can of "Wipe-Out", a small aerosol can of gun cleaning foam. I balked at the $13.00 price tag for such a small can, but he said it was worth it, so I bought it. I tried it on a couple of guns I thought I had cleaned pretty well, but I was WRONG. I got a ton of copper fouling out of several, and on dirty guns I got powder, lead, AND copper fouling oozing out of the barrel. I don't know what makes this stuff so good, there is very little odor, and they say it's safe to leave in overnight.

My only complaint is that they include a straw to try to squirt it where you want it, and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and you wind up with foam all over, but not much in the barrel. At these prices, I want it ALL in the gun! Anyone else have this problem?

Papajohn

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Anybody using "Wipeout"?

I have not had any problems with Bluewonder products and Yep there good products you do get what you pay for with them. Try using other end of tube.. one may just be smaller than the other like some WD-40 cans I have run across..

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Anybody using "Wipeout"?

Use it, love it. I plug all my barrels from the breech and squirt the foam in the muzzle. Never have any problem with it not going where I want it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Anybody using "Wipeout"?

Been using WipeOut for two years now and it works as advertised. I do not use the little tube at all, just the "funnel" adapter.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Anybody using "Wipeout"?

I've heard good things but haven't tried it yet. I wonder if this stuff will eat the finish off wood stocks if it by chance it comes in contact w/ them.

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Anybody using "Wipeout"?

Wipeout is the best!!! You can get the copper out of a lot of rifles from one little can of that stuff and with ease.

Dave 8)

·
Premium Member
18,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anybody using "Wipeout"?

Maybe the scariest part of the process is seeing how much copper fouling was in there! I'm usually pretty meticulous about keeping my guns clean, but I dug out my old Jap Arisaka and sicced the Wipeout on it, and about a hundred patches and several hours later it finally said it was clean. I also left it in the barrel of my favorite AR overnight, and for a new gun, it was thoroughly nasty. Of course, I had just put 300 rounds thru it the day before, so I expected it to be particularly dirty, but JEEZ! Every shop rag I own is blue, they were white before I bought this can of foaming goo!

Papajohn

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Anybody using "Wipeout"?

How corrosive is this "Wipeout"? If you can leave it overnite without fear of causing damage to your bore I need some.

It has effect accuracy(to the good), do you think maybe it does some of the same things lapping does?

Will be eager to get a range report.

SS

·
Premium Member
18,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anybody using "Wipeout"?

From what I can tell, it's not corrosive at all, it seems to be perfect for dealing with fouling, but easy on everything else. Miracle cure?
So far, so good!

Papajohn

·
Registered
440 Posts
Wipe out

I bought acan a few years ago. by the time I had it shipped to me here in Central Ont Canada it cost about 60.00 for the product .

I do not use it all the time at that price , but it sure does work
Happy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts