Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one on my 336 in 35 Rem and love it! (the 2-7 x 33 w/ accuplex ret) Just wondering if anybody else has used them on our beloved Marlins.

( I know, I know... pics. I'll try to post one later.)

·
Premium Member
9,463 Posts
I've bought a couple of Redfields recently, but I haven't yet had a chance to use them yet. They do look very clear to me, and I'm sure they're quality products. You just can't beat the warranty they come with.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have 3 and love them.2 2-7x33 on my 336 in .35 rem and .30-30 with accuplex recticle and a 3-9x50 on a Browning abolt .25-06 with the accurange recticle. Glass is crystal clear. No issues in rain either

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Got one on my 35 remmy and it kicks ass. All my bolt guns have high dollar leupolds and that little redfield is as good as any high dollar leupold. Wish I would have known that back in the day.

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
I have a 3x9 on my .338MX and I have a 2x7 on my H&R 45-70. Both are good scopes for the money.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its funny that several people have mentioned the warranty. That was a big decision factor for me. I liked the scope but the glass snob in me kept thinking, "you get what you pay for...". I think they're a great value and again, you can't beat the warranty!

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I have a 3-9x 40 Redfield Revolution on my 7 mag and the rifle has a pretty hard thump to it. I have had no problems with mine and I think the Accureticle is great for quick shots. I ordered a 2-7x32 for the Marlin.

·
Registered
515 Posts
It's a great value and, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I spoke with the Leupold rep here in the northeast region and he indicated that it comes off of the VX-I line. Essentially the same scope for less money and backed by Leupold's same lifetime warranty. ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Good to know. I'm a Leupold fan and was wondering how the quality of the new Redfield's was. Based on what I've read here I will probably purchase a couple for my lever guns.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have three of them as well. Two of the 2-7 x 33's and one of the 3-9 x 40's. They are essentially a VXI that uses a less costly finish as well as plastic windage and elevation knobs. Still, a very nice scope for the money and made right here in Oregon by the folks at Leupold. Can't beat that. 8)

·
Registered
59 Posts
i just bought the 3-9x40 accu range retical to put on my savage 93 17 hmr but i think i might put it on my marlin 30-30 or switch out the nikon 2-7 pro staff for this on my marlin 35 rem.i looked at the 4-12 nikon pro staff,burris 3-9,an a bushnell 3-9 bone collector model i think an this redfield look to be the clearest an brightest of the group,the warranty an being made by leupold sealed the deal.
Kawie

·
Banned
400 Posts
I have 3 of the old one or should I say 3 are still in the family. My youngesat middle son has a 3x9 Accurrac on a 30/06 Rem 740. Stoned a deer at 175 yards with a neck shot the last hunting day of this past season. A 2x7 on a Glenfield that's my youngest sons and that rifle with Leverevolutions is more dangerous to deer than cronic wasting disease. He shot a nickle size 3 shot group dead on the cross in the bull last time at the range and it's taken a lot of game. Last is my new 35 Marlin 336 that I put a 4 star 4x on that has been on my AR. No game yet but I'm sure it will be bloodied as soon as a hog makes himself seen.
I have been wanting to get a Burris 2x7 fullfield but I think I'm going to go with the Redfield instead for the AR. I was quite impressed with the service I got from Leupold when I had to send my pistol scope back. I had a brand new scope in less than a month back at my house and a friendly phone call telling me it was coming.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bought a new redfield spotting scope ( made in china) from US ebay ( i am in Australia). saved myself about $100, well I thought I did. the spotting scope wouldnt work, in fact I was unable to look through it or get any clarity. had to send it back to the us for ebay refund which cost me $100. so I lost out. spotting scope thumbs down, scope thumbs up.

·
Registered
274 Posts
i just put a 4x12 40 accuplex on my 30-30 .nice and clear .i was shooting 8oz water bottles full of colered water yesterday at 200 yds . (easter egg hunting texas style ;D)

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
May 2011 issue of American Hunter (NRA magazine) gives the Redfield Revolution the "Optic of the Year" award (page 50). That's a pretty big atta-boy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts