Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find myself involved in a weekend trip to NEw York this coming weekend, and was wondering if anybody was gonna be around - You'll think I talk funny, but I'd love to say hey in person. I can check the paperwork to see exactly where we'll be - boy, I bet I'll feel like a fish outta water :shock:

Shum8

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Wish you'da said something sooner Rob. I'm maybe 50 miles away but got roped into helping my fatherinlaw move some junk up to Mass this weekend.
I already knew you talked funny. :lol: Your going to the city itself or just NY?
Me, if I can avoid it I dont go near that place. :lol: Had fun there as a kid with my folks but theres just too many people for me. There is alot of things to see tho if you never been.
Hope you enjoy the weekend!

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leverdude said:
Wish you'da said something sooner Rob. I'm maybe 50 miles away but got roped into helping my fatherinlaw move some junk up to Mass this weekend.

DANG - I've been meaning to post something, but just couldn't seem to get around to it...Oh well, some other time I guess...

I already knew you talked funny. :lol:

:wink:

Your going to the city itself or just NY?

The city :shock: The studio where my daughter takes dance lessons planned the trip, and when my wife and daughter asked if I wanted to go along, before my mouth could say "no", some other voice said "sure, why not".....I agree - it will be interesting to visit, but I don't think I'd like to spend too much time there - too many people for my tastes.....

Me, if I can avoid it I dont go near that place. :lol: Had fun there as a kid with my folks but theres just too many people for me. There is alot of things to see tho if you never been.
Hope you enjoy the weekend!

Thanky - we are leaving here at 5:00AM Thurs, so that should put us in NY around, well, on a bus, who knows.......We'll be there Thurs evening, so maybe I could catch you Thurs even or Friday.........If possible, PM me a phone number and I'll give a shout when we get there....

Rob

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
I thought you were going to tell us that Geoff signed you up to sell his apples in the Big Apple! :D :wink:

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Rob,

Man, I'd love to but going into the NYC from here is mostly a day trip thing.
If I didn't have to work it would be a simple thing but shooting the 50 miles into the city is like going 150 the other way if you get my meaning.Theres a million cars & trucks & no parking when you need it, traffic going in & out for hours after working hours is bumper to bumper & road rage is a given. You'll see. :lol:
Your gonna see a bajillion people going nowhere as fast as they can looking straight ahead. Sad to say but the friendly ones are the ones to watch out for. Not many people are going to talk to you because theyre friendly & the ones your nice to are gonna be suspicious. Almost anyone that talks to you on the street wants you to give them something or wants to sell you something.
Best thing to do is what your doing, take a bus or train & walk or take taxi's once your there. The subway looks easy but I never end up where I wanted to go, I did better above ground. :wink:
I'll PM you my number since you lost it :lol: in case God forbid, something happens & you need me for anything tho. :D

There was talk about an east coast get together thing & we oughtta try & make it happen. Seems the Virginia area is pretty central to our end of the country. I dont know about the availability of places to shoot but it cant be worse than here in CT. We need to talk about it if you think its a good idea.

Check your PM. :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
CAUTION !! CAUTION !! Be sure you wear your chasity belt or SHUMER and HILLERY will get you in the END....
I cannot understand the mentality of New Yorkers to elect TWO most obvious LOOSERS than those two dimwits..SORRY lost my cool..modoc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts