Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious is anyone else here hunts pigs in the low country? I would like to get into it but don't know where to go etc. I'd love to tag along and have someone show me the ropes but wouldn't be opposed to a moderately priced outfitter if anyone has suggestions. Some of the ones I've found online are too rich for my blood haha.

·
Registered
74 Posts
We've been hunting with Collins Low Country Hunt Club in Ehrhardt for 4 years in a row now and have had a great time each year. Price is very reasonable at around $1,100.00 for three days hunting and 4 nights lodging with some pretty cool folks. Great food as well. I guess if that's too expensive then I would scour the countryside looking for some farmers that want the hogs gone.
Good luck with your search and good hunting!

·
Super Moderator
11,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that's steep, I just bought 4 day Disney tickets for 4 people and a hotel room for that much. Truth be told I'd rather be hunting but its hard to justify spending $1100 on just myself. Anybody know of a decent priced outfitter out there??

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Most of my hunting has been in the Francis Marion or at a friend's place in Elloree and we haven't seen pigs in several weeks. I still think all the flooding has pushed them out of the area's I hunt.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sorry, I guess price is relative and you get what you pay for. I just laid out $800.00 for two of us to do 2 days and 1 night at Port Orleans in Disney as an add on to a business trip.

Breaking it down I don't find it "steep". 4 nights lodging at a good hotel is usually $100.00 a night = $400.00, good meals these days are around $75.00 a day = $300,00 so that extra $133.00 a day for a place to hunt that maintains the stands and feeders, guides to take you there and great people to hang out in the lodge with is cheap in my book. But that's just me. As stated above, check your local farmers (peanut farmers hate hogs) if you live in the lowcountry area. We met several that would let us hunt for free, but it's a vacation for me and I don't like hotels or so-so food when I'm on vacation. A lot of places in Florida will charge a harvest only fee of usually $200.00 and up for hogs.

Good luck, hope you find a good place that fits your budget.

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
No pigs here but we have a few of these

Tasty too.

Reactions: cajun56 and ruger1
1 - 8 of 8 Posts