Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On paper, IMR 8208 XBR looks like it might be a good powder for the 400gr bullets. I was wondering if anybody here has used IMR 8208 XBR in their 444 Marlin. I'd sure like to hear about any experiences you all have had with this powder.

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
I have some but have not tryed any yet. It is in a good spot on the burn rate chart and has an interesting history for it's development. Hard to try new stuff when others work so well. DP

Reactions: mt_sourdough

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
It's made here in Oz by ADI and sold as Benchmark 8208.
It might be hard, with that long bullet, to get enough of it into the case for decent velocity.

I think it was really designed to give top velocities in rounds like .204, .222, .223 etc.

Mark.

Reactions: mt_sourdough

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I've used it in 223Ackley loads and 6.5 Lapua with a heavy bullest but haven't tried it yet in the 444.

·
Banned
651 Posts
I use it in my 45-70 to drive 350 grain bullets. It works well and is pushing close to the 2000ft/sec velocities. I can assure you this keep your tongue from between your teeth and hold on tight cause the cannon is going to kick!! For punching paper Trail Boss works very good and is kind to the shoulder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts