Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have xs sights on a 336 big loop I can't find a single person that has them on that rifle. I have them on my 336c 20 inch barrel 30-30 but its in Maine right now with my brother and I cant switch them on there being in nj. Do you think there will be a difference because of the 18.5 inch barrel on the big loop I'm just worried about the front sight not being the correct height because the sights were made for marlins with 20 inch barrels. I dont wanna buy them and have it shoot high

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I used to, but this was a Remlin 336B and I had to send it back to Remlin because the receiver was improperly drilled and tapped and the barrel was pointed down and to the right in such a way that I ran out of adjustments on the XS sights.

Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Shotgun
Gun Trigger Shotgun Revolver

As long as your barrel doesn't have "barrel droop", that .500" front sight should work fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes my 336 BL is also a remlin but it is a really good one if you believe that. I just hope it works out with the sights and I don't have to buy some crazy tall skinner front post and file it because I actually like the front xs post. I don't wanna scope it either

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.