Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Sorry about the typo in the title, I meant "use"
With all brass shells from RMC, you can really stoke up that 12 gauge.i have mine reamed to 3.5" chamber and with a 535 saboted slug I can get 2300fps. That's what the .505 Gibbs does! I can push 1000 grainers at 1800fps. You can come close in 3.5 plastic with 4759, r17, and r26 with a starter for the real heavies. I have some data I'd be happy to give it's just so painstaking copying it on the cell.

Does anybody else load up their NEF to elephant levels?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Don't have a NEF, but love the RMC brass in my 12 gauge O/U. Haven't played with slugs. My bear defense round load data came from my Tungsten dealer using TSS18 buckshot (which was originally developed as an anti-grizzly round by some guys in Alaska, and has been pressure tested). 60% denser than lead = much better penetration per ounce of load. And the patterns are extremely tight. I always have a few RMC anti-bear shells in my pocket when out grouse or turkey hunting as I've had close encounters with bears a number of times (and in grouse season, am also packing a bear tag).

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Hurts my shoulder to think about it. I have a 10g pardner that found me for free but I ain't gettin no ammo for it ever.
I have a sawed off at 20 inches 10 ga. 3.5 inch that I sometimes use the give them both barrels approach when cowboy action shooting. Just pull both triggers at the same time. Really bot as much recoil as a 45/70 using the african style +p loads.

·
Super Moderator
11,609 Posts
That sounds painful. My son has a Rossi single shot with a .410 barrel. Doesn't weigh much so it kicks pretty good despite the small bore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts