Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been an unofficial collector of broadheads arrows and anything else associated with bowhunting. Pretty much same as my cartridge collection. Just grab one here or there when possible. Does anybody else here keep or display broadheads? Do you have any pics? Maybe we could start up a trade on here to exchange to get heads we aint got? I collect singl examples of broadheads old or new, bowfishing or anything that just looks neat .DT

·
Registered
264 Posts
Probably a lot of random odds and ends of all kinds here and there. Can't draw a bow for the last 10 years so they're not on top of the pile.
But- I have accumulated probably at least 10 or 12 straight and recurves over the years.
Snowing & below zero here for a couple days they predict.
If/when it warms up I'll snap a pic or two and share.

Reactions: turbobug

·
Registered
8,708 Posts
no but my sister-in-law lives across the dirt road from me and she always looks after a rain to see if any washed up. I bought a bag of fake ones on ebay and salted the ground with them for her to find. she was happy as a pig in slop! well until she found out what some meanie done,,,,,,,,,,,,,:embarassed:

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
I don't collect, but I have seen a variety through the years, and they can be quite interesting.
I really admire some of the older fixed blade designs even though I don't hunt with those styles.

Vooch

·
Premium Member
24,432 Posts
The ranch I grew up on had a gulley that was full of arrowheads.
I used to look for them there after a good rain.
I had quite a collection.
I gave them to my nephew years ago.
He let a guy that supposed to be an expert look at them once,
and one of them was something called a "clovis point".
The guy offered to buy it but he didn't sell.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
I have a couple but have found many and gave them to family members around here that do collect them. We have a lot of them in this area from a few thousand years of Indians living on the land before the ships landed in St Augustine.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Newer AND older archery gear is all good stuff.
Just be real careful before letting a good Clovis get away....they're scarce and at least 10,000 years old.
Nice ones start at 4 figures and can go way up from there.
3.5 Clovis.JPG
Someone made this point at least 100 centuries ago on "my property" and I'd never sell it.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I think OP was talking about modern broadheads. I have fifty years of them and also collect pre Columbian to late Woodland ones made by folks from stone. I don't really have any to trade but still use Zwickey and Muzzy, depending on the archery equipment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts