Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in optics, but the 336 forum gets more traffic so here we go..
I've been trying to find a vortex cross fire 2-7x32 in a store to look through, but I cant seem to find anything on the shelves other than high powered scopes or pricey pieces of glass. neither of which I want or need.
Has anyone used one? what did you think? or if not how about suggesting a scope that has similar functions for around the same price (around $125) as it will be going onto a 336 3030.
thank you

·
Premium Member
9,465 Posts
I recently got a Redfield 2 - 7 X 33 from Midway for $129, and it has Leupold's unconditional lifetime warranty. Shipping will add some to the price, but it's still a terrific deal IMO.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I just bought a Nikon ProStaff 2-7x32mm for under $100 from Cabelas. Its now on top of my 336C 30-30.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have 4 Nikon Prostaffs. 2 3-9x40 and 2 2-7x32 I really like them. Clear. Good in low light. Would be a very good choice. I havn't had a Redfield so I can't compare to them.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I want to try one of the new Redfields for one of my 336's. Got an old one that came on a Browning Belgium BAR and it's great! Popped my first deer right on the button at 130 yds.

Jim

·
Registered
513 Posts
As stated above, hard to beat the Redfield for the money. Good optics at an affordable price and carries the Leupold lifetime warranty. Spoke with the Leupold representative this past weekend and he indicated that it comes off the same line as the VX-I. ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies guys! Now i have it narrowed down to three, almost identical scopes in price and function, the vortex, redfield, and nikon; now I just have to wait for a sale or a good gun show to come in town with something other than pistols.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Littlemarlin said:
As stated above, hard to beat the Redfield for the money. Good optics at an affordable price and carries the Leupold lifetime warranty. Spoke with the Leupold representative this past weekend and he indicated that it comes off the same line as the VX-I. ;)

Thats good to hear.

·
El Kabong
8,333 Posts
I had a first gen vortex 8x36x50. I so got rid of it.
It now hangs on my bosses 5R.
It has to be resighted in often, It pulls to the right and up.
It is a very clear scope.

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
I have 2 Redfields, a 3x9 and a 2x7. The 2x7 is on top of a 45-70 so I don't think recoil will hurt them :). I think they are a very good buy for the money, Lonnie.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
I recently bought a Redfield 3-9 for my new 336ss. About $129 or $149, I forget. I like it but it doesn't come with any lense covers at all.

·
Premium Member
7,648 Posts
wisc said:
I have 4 Nikon Prostaffs. 2 3-9x40 and 2 2-7x32 I really like them. Clear. Good in low light. Would be a very good choice. I havn't had a Redfield so I can't compare to them.
The Nikon Pro staff is indeed an excellent scope at a good price. The new Redfield scopes are also of equal quality, have a better warranty, and aremade in America.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts