Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, has anyone run into any problems with their new 336's like those with the .308 and .338 Marlin Express? I am speaking of the barrel drooping and such. Just wondering since that will be my next purchase once I return home from this deployment. Gotta keep adding to the Marlin Family.

Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sorry i can't help you with your question. But I do want to thank you for your service. My son is in the Army. He has almost 14 years. God Bless You .....Ray

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
jrchurch254a 1st things 1st you come home better than you left. I was at cabela's yesterday and there are still new Marlins out there and I'm confident the remlins are comming together :)

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
skmarsh77 My jm stamped marlin was ok with 405 rem but I had to bump front site for 300 and 500gr loads. But I would hesitate if Rem. comes out with a cantilevered front site ;D

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I haven't actually shot any new Remlins but I have checked out four 336's. Two at different WalMarts and two at gun stores...

They all had crappy wood fit, the two at WalMart had the actions locked so I don't know how they cycled....on the two at the gun stores, the actions cycled fine.

I looked them all over very closely, and didn't see anything besides the wood that stood out as a problem...barrels were indexed right, no extra dove tail cuts, sights on center, they all had rifling in the barrel, and they all had a good fit at the rear of the receiver (the bolt).

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hey jrchurch, no problems so far with my 91 serial# JM stamped 336C. Shoots well with irons. Im just about to mount up a Leupold VX-I 2-7x33, when Ive done that I'll be posting the results here.

As others have said, give it a thorough look over for any obvious rough work before you splash the cash!

Oh, and I'd avoid a remlin one if at all possible. ;-)

Cheers, Scott.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts