Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one of these handi little guns over the weekend. Anyone know when they were made and how many? Anyone have any personal experience with these?

·
Registered
422 Posts
The LTS model was started in 1988, not quite sure when they ended but they didn't last long before being discontinued. It was made very similar to the old Marauder models of the 60's. I tried to buy one a few years ago but the price was too high for me and not negotiable with the dealer. I've only ever seen that one.

Check your serial number, subtract the first two digits from 2000 to find the year of manufacture. For example, if your number is 22XXXXXX then it was made in 1988.

·
Super Moderator
15,893 Posts
GLC said:
The LTS model was started in 1988, not quite sure when they ended but they didn't last long before being discontinued. It was made very similar to the old Marauder models of the 60's. I tried to buy one a few years ago but the price was too high for me and not negotiable with the dealer. I've only ever seen that one.

Check your serial number, subtract the first two digits from 2000 to find the year of manufacture. For example, if your number is 22XXXXXX then it was made in 1988.
Actually the SN would have to be 12xxxxxx to have been made in 1988. If 22xxxxxx it's a 1978 vintage gun; irrespective of model# or caliber.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand their serial number system somewhat but this one has me scratching my head, The first digits on this gun is LTS00. The guy at the pawn shop I bought it from said they were made in 1988 and 1989 and there were less than three thousand made.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
I owned one for a brief period of time. They are definitely short and handy. However, the barrel was too short for my taste. To me, it did not balance well due to feeling too heavy towards the back. In my opinion, the shortest barrel that balances well on the 336 frame is about 18". Others will diagree with me, but that has been my experience.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sorry, having a mathematically challenged day.......18 is correct.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts