Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason i ask, is that i remeber talking to a chap on here who really liked them. Im selling mine so i thought id try to look him up

·
Registered
11 Posts
You might check over on RFC, as several fellas there rave about them. 8)
I have the JW-27 and the TU-KKW - each with the same action as your JW-15. Nice rifles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
JW-15

I have a JW-15. Had it for 7 or 8 years now. It is very accurate. I would buy another one if I could find one for a decent price. The biggest problem is the soft stock.

My CZ 22 is slighlty more accurate. However, my favorite jack rabbit rifle is a used Marlin 25N bot action. It hits everything that it is aimed at.
I just had to add a Basix trigger to make a fantastic rifle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That was probably Andrew who you spoke to. He's a fanatical lover of the JW-15 rifles, and after having shot a few of his, I can see why. The accuracy from those little rifles is absolutely amazing!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Yeah, it was probebly me. I buy them when I see them. I have one set up for just sub-sonic ammo. It will shoot clusters at 50M. ~Andrew

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I have been packing up for a relocation back to MT this past week and when the sea of boxes really got me down yesterday I grabbed the JW-15 I have set-up for sub-sonic rounds and two boxes of Aguila SE Sub-sonic HP's and headed out to a spot where I'd seen some ground squirrel activity earlier this month. The squirrels were smart enough to stay out of the 130 degree heat so I spent some time flicking pebbles about on the canyon floor. What a rifle! From a loose rest I was hitting everything I shot at out ot 80-ish yards. If you can find one of these great rifles, buy it. Set it up for subsonics ammo and have a "dedicated" rifle set up for squirrel and rabbit hunting. (The Subs are really devastating on rabbits.) What these JW-15's lack in refinery, they definitely make up for in accuracy. ~AMMOe

PS: And if you don't want it, get me the phone # of the guy who has it. I'll take it! Can't have too many JW's.

·
Registered
97 Posts
How about some pictures?

Hey, how about posting some pictures of your JW-15s.

I don't think I've ever seen one.

Wannabe

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Wannabe - Here's pic of my JW-15. It's basically a Chinese knock-off of the Brno 22's, which are forerunners of the CZ's that are so well thought of today. My JW-15 wears a slightly modified stock. I slimmed down the pistol grip area, fluted the comb, and stripped off the red gunk they used for a stock finish. Still doesn't look very good but it's lots better'n it was :lol: . Second pic is of a JW-15A that I sold last year. It was better looking than the JW-15 but never shot quite as well, tho they both shot much better'n a $75 import should :roll: . With a little tweaking, they make great small game getters/plinkers. Both of mine would throw the first shot from a cold, clean barrel, about half to three quarters of an inch from POA. After that they'd put 'em where I aimed 8) .

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have had quite a few JW-15 and 15A rifles in the past 3 years. All of them have been good shooters. The triggers vary, some very good, some not so good. Most are adjustable for creep. I see quite a few of them at gunshows here in Ohio. They sell in the $80-$100 range. I bought a JW-15 with a cheap 4X32 scope at a show three weeks ago for $80. I gave it to a friend for a starter rifle for his son. If you are looking for a reasonably accurate rifle they are hard to beat for the money

1 - 12 of 12 Posts