Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get me a Marlin brand stainless BLL ala the SBL for my 336 SDG. As I understand they will only sell to a gunsmith... Reply via PM is best and thanks in advance for your consideration.

Also would like to lengthen the mag tube to the end of the barrel for purely cosmetic reasons and add the 336y forend (it is shorter in length).

Be safe and have a fine evening all.

Patty

·
Contributing Member
11,599 Posts
achildofthesky said:
Looking to get me a Marlin brand stainless BLL ala the SBL for my 336 SDG. As I understand they will only sell to a gunsmith... Reply via PM is best and thanks in advance for your consideration.

Also would like to lengthen the mag tube to the end of the barrel for purely cosmetic reasons and add the 336y forend (it is shorter in length).

Be safe and have a fine evening all.

Patty
Patty,

Fella that goes by lot45 or lot.45 is selling an 1895 stainless big loop in the FS/FT section. To my knowledge it should work fine in a 336. The 1895 levers just have a channel cut in them to allow for the bigger cartridges. You can double check with Leverdude on that if you want. The channel would be hidden from view as it is inside the receiver.

Might save you some time and money. :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
You are correct Eli, I put one on my stainless 336 and it was a drop in fit. :)

·
Registered
603 Posts
you should be able to get one sent to an FFL dealer...for a fee of course.

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Any gunsmiths here that can help hook me up with a Marlin stainless BLL?

Erik, Judge and h-bomb:

Thanks for the replies. I sent the feller selling the lever a pm and would gladly pay his price and it is what I was looking for but I fear that it might not work out by reading the replies to the ad. My local ffl is confused why he is needed and one then said it needed the transfer fee. Don't need one that bad. I am looking to gussy up my SDG with a factory BLL (the 1895 one is perfect) a slightly longer mag tube just cuz I like it that way and then fit the 336y stock set to it. A 336ysbl if you will... Yep, I am odd but there you go.

Be safe
Patty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts