Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was all set to buy a Marlin 1894C, then I read a rumor on this board that Davidsons was going to have a limited run of a few different caliber stainless 1894's, including .357, later this year. I called Marlin about this rumor twice, and twice got sent to some lady's voicemail to leave a message. I left a detailed message both times but I've never gotten a response back. I called Davidsons about this issue and was supposedly transferred to the guy that does their Marlin ordering. He told me that he has no knowledge of anything new from Marlin coming up this year in stainless, limited or not.

So, can anyone here verify the rumor? I'd much rather have a stainless .357 but at this point it looks like I should just go ahead with the 1894C.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, Tomray from this board posted a notice a week or two ago, that Marlin does plan to offer a SS .357 and .45 in the near future. The post may have been lost when the server crashed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, that was the post that caused me to contact Davidson's and Marlin. Unfortunately, no one has yet been able to confirm what I read here. I'd sure hate to wait a year only to find they weren't going to do it.

I may just go ahead and get one anyway as I'm not that interested in a 16.5" barrel. I was more interested in 18.5" or no more than 20".

·
Registered
5 Posts
If anyone on here is lucky enough to get one, please post a picture. I just bought an 1894c a couple weeks ago. I was trying to hold out for an all stainless one but gave up. Today, I'm browsing Davidson's, and sure enough they are here. Bad timing for me, but I'm happy with my blued one.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I wonder how well the thing would have sold with a bigger run? I don't buy collector pieces as a rule, but would have liked one of these, because except for the laminated stocks, that short-barreled, stainless .357 would have been my ideal "one gun."

Well, it's a moot point to me, because they are all spoken for. Maybe I'm going to have to lop 4" off the barrel of my 1894 CB and put a rubber pad on the butt after all.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Why is this thing posting where one must scroll to the left and to the right to read it. That is about annoying...BCB

·
Registered
34 Posts
Why is this thing posting where one must scroll to the left and to the right to read it. That is about annoying...BCB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts