Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unlike most people I much prefer a pistol grip on my Marlins. I have found and traded for a 1894PG in 44 mag, just waiting for it to get here (probably mid September).

Now I am looking for an 1894 with a pistol grip in 357 to replace my 1894c. Can anybody tell me if there were any made and if so what the model designation is?

Thanks if you can help.

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
As far as I know they never left the factory with a PG. There is a model that was shown around as a prototype, I think, in maybe an STBL config but don't think any where ever shipped. If they were they could be very rare.

Edit: The model I referred to is an 1894CSBL. It was stainless.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
You can do what I did, change the PG parts out to the 1894 .357...lever, base plate and stock are all you need to swap.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
1894PG in 44 Mag and 1894FG in 41 Mag have the parts you need for the conversion.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I'm also a fan of the Marlin 1894 models in pistol grip stocks; the late 60's version of the 336 in 44mag, then the 44mag FG that later followed and then finally the 41mag FG that was the last of the production ran square bolt carbines in pistol grip.

I was really turned on a few years ago with announcement of the 1894SBL and 1894CSBL models, but the production run was nixed as a result of the Remington acquisition. But... with the growing popularity of stainless, laminate and pistol grip carbines... At some point in the future, we could possibly see these in a limited run.

image.jpg

·
Registered
287 Posts
Our 1894C *was* straight gripped. We converted it to PG and we are VERY pleased with the result. (never going back and never selling it)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts