1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21,085 Posts
Looks sweet! Should pair up real nice!

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I sure like the look of that brass. Please let us know how it holds up to use. She's so purtty I'd be askeered to use 'er. :biggrin:

Reactions: galaxieman

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I sure will. I have no idea how long it will take as sometimes Andy has to make them when ordered. But It will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Are you going to have to swap out the front sight also? I have also recently purchased the same sight but have not gotten around to installing it on my .44.

·
Vendor
1,946 Posts
I'm guessing the sight has already shipped. We really do try to keep the Skinner Henry "BIG BOY EXPRESS" sights in stock. They are VERY Popular, as are the Henry Rifles. I have a .44 Mag (pictured) and it shoots GREAT. Accurate, feeds like butter, trigger pull acceptable, no issues at all. How does the brass hold up? Just fine... You wont wear it out.

Front sight? As always, there are so many variants (Rifle characteristics, Load Selection, Shooter) we can't say for sure if a front sight change will be needed. (Mine needed about a .050" taller front sight with fairly standard Magnum loads and with me shooting it) Many customers report that it has worked with the factory front sight, others have needed a change. (Please see the first couple questions on our FAQ page and the STICKY titled "Will this sight work with my factory front sight" in the Skinner Sights section of the INDUSTRY PARTNERS listed here on Marlin Owners)

For what its worth.... EVERY Henry Rifle I own works wonderfully well. They are all accurate, well fit, have great wood, and Henry's Customer Service is A+++

ANDY

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Andy, the sight arrived today and looks great. I hope to get it installed and tested soon. Great service.
Amos

Reactions: gupvn759

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
got it on and it fit perfect. I need to shoot it to see if the front sight is tall enough.

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Finally got out this week and shot it. Glad to say it worked with the original front sight. I did have to adjust the peep down to the lowest possible setting but it worked great. Verry happy. This combo is too much fun for words.

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Glad to hear it worked out so nice for you Amos
I never owned a Henry but they seem well made...

What caliber is yours in? What kind of accuracy are you getting and what type ammo are you using?

Thanks n Enjoy! :tee:
BloodGroove4570

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Mine is a 38/357 and so far i am just ringing steel at 20 to 100 yards.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.