Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. anyone with experiance in fitting using Anshutz aperture sights to 39A.
THIS particular rifle is being set up as competition target rifle.Anshutz appears to be set back of reciever 2", giving longer sight base and closing length of eye relief.

Grandad:questionmark:

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
Hey Nelfoto,

As you probably know many of the competition lever actions are set up this way, I have a job to do next year on a .243 Miroku MLR and a 39a Marlin, but I'll be using old Parker Hale sights as they have good vernier calibration and can often be picked up from ebay UK for $50-60.

One of my club members here in the Northern Rivers NSW (about an hour-and-a-half or so south of you) has set his 39a up with an anschutz. From memory he got a gunsmith to create a rail extending back from the receiver, drilled to go onto where the reciever's existing top holes are.

His name is Ken I will give him a call and see if he has any advice.

Cheers
Scott

Reactions: NELFOTO

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
PS. Where do you shoot? Are there Lever comps on the GC or do you make the trip to Belmont?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New 39A comes with dovetail rail. thought this would be a snap to fit. wrong. dovetail is american (imperial) Anshutz sight is metric.
will have to mill the dovetail. Foresight will have to remove origonal ramp and make -fit taller thicker unit to get the alighnment right to fit the anshutz forsight.
Grandad

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Scott.found many older aperture sights that were priced ok. The Anshutz kit cost $380.00.
your right about the vertical vernier the adjustment from 25m out to 100m takes some screwing.
nelfoto

1 - 7 of 7 Posts