Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like rimfires. I am a rimfire hoarder. Traded an 80% waffle top 336sc 30-30 for this. I have other waffle tops and won't miss one, but I didn't have one of these.
I have no idea what it's worth or if it was a good trade. It doesn't matter. This is one that spoke to me and said "please take me home", so I did just that. :)

Gun Machine gun Air gun Airsoft gun Shooting
Gun Machine gun Camera accessory

·
Super Moderator
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry Dude I'm sticking with the Waffle top.
I would too if I didn't have others but I do have others, in 30/30, 32W and 35 rem. Also not a big fan of the SC model. I like the full length mag tubes or 24 inch A models. I had the SC up for sale at this shop anyway so we just traded.

·
Super Moderator
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is it?
It's called a "Two Twenty Two". Uses 2 Ruger 10/22 rifles with a crank wheel and cam system to operate the rifles. Hold the single handle and squeeze the trigger which moves a transfer bar close to the rifle triggers. When you crank the handle there are two cams that move the transfer bar back and forth to press the rifle triggers. It can rip through 50 rounds in a heartbeat. I'm thinking about mounting it up on my roof so I can hose down the local chipmunk hoards that are invading me daily. Between this new weapon of massmunk destruction and my drowning buckets I feel that I will be victorious in my battle against the munk hoards.

·
Super Moderator
5,358 Posts
It's called a "Two Twenty Two". Uses 2 Ruger 10/22 rifles with a crank wheel and cam system to operate the rifles. Hold the single handle and squeeze the trigger which moves a transfer bar close to the rifle triggers. When you crank the handle there are two cams that move the transfer bar back and forth to press the rifle triggers. It can rip through 50 rounds in a heartbeat. I'm thinking about mounting it up on my roof so I can hose down the local chipmunk hoards that are invading me daily. Between this new weapon of massmunk destruction and my drowning buckets I feel that I will be victorious in my battle against the munk hoards.
Looks like fun. Good luck with your munk madness.

·
Premium Member
4,939 Posts
That's the reason for the 22 shortage a couple years back. Fellow had one in a LGS near me, but he wouldn't put a price on it until he was tired of shooting it. I want one!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Your prairie dog gun was a late 80's / early 90's attention getter in several gun nut mzgazines. Don't recall the wheel crank when I saw one up close on the Dixie Gun Works showroom floor. A cleaner look with the factory 10 rounders way before the banana mags existed. Guess frequent reloads forced the revamp.

Reactions: M1Riflenut

·
Premium Member
8,044 Posts
Man that looks like a lot of fun! I think you done good but you had better buy a bunch of 22 lr! crack me up........... roof mounted to get the chipmunks! ever think of getting a cat? This sure looks like more fun.................

·
Registered
11,592 Posts
My Grandson saw one at a gun show 4-5 yrs ago he was going on about it till I told he had to buy the ammo...:wink:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.