Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not new to firearms and have three Marlins; 336 from the late 70's a 39AS from the late 80s and a new to me gently used 1895 CB. Having some issues with the 1895. Shoots way, way high. Hoping I can find some help here. Alread been to the Skinner Web sight and think I know what I need but thought I'ld stop in here to confirm. Anyway see you around.

·
Super Moderator
17,120 Posts
Welcome from Alabama... What kind of sights are on it? Rear sight too high? Front sight too low...

·
Super Moderator
33,791 Posts
Welcome from the marshes of south Louisiana.

ca'jun56

·
Registered
773 Posts
If you want to keep the rear buck horn, you are going to need a taller front sight to bring the POI down. If you are thinking of changing both front and rear sights, now would be the time to do them both. Skinner makes some good stuff.
Edit- By the way, welcome from a troll from the LP...

·
Super Moderator
17,120 Posts
What distance are you shooting?

·
Super Moderator
17,120 Posts
Wow! I think you'll find that if you use a less powerful round it won't shoot as high... Those rounds are coming out of the muzzle like a laser beam...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow! I think you'll find that if you use a less powerful round it won't shoot as high... Those rounds are coming out of the muzzle like a laser beam...
....and it kicks like a mule.

Kind of thought that but I'm only shooting at 50 yards. I have to put the tip of the front at the very bottom of the buck horn and do a 6 o'clock hold on a 6 " black bull and I'm still 7 inches high. Not too accurate of a sight picture. Also thinking I'll go with a rear peep from Skinner to boot. I'll restart this sight discussion over in the 47-70 forum now.

·
Super Moderator
15,945 Posts
Welcome to marlinowners.com from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "The Original 444 Marlin®" Country! Hooaaahhhh!!!

·
Premium Member
942 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners!
My dad was a yooper!

Lot of good information here.

Get a hold of Andy at Skinner Sights, great guy to deal with and more than willing to help with choosing the correct sight for your application.

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts