Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love my Marlin 410 so much, I figured she needed some company.

Recently picked up a very unusual mate, a British Lee-Enfield, re-bored from .303 to .410 at Ishapore, India, for use by post-Brit, provincial police in riot control. Receiver is stamped .410 and the date 1950 -- a very good year.

It's a hoot, even though it is a single shot and no match for the Marlin. The magazine is plugged with wood and the rear sight is pinned to the barrel. Fun to shoot.

Recently tested slugs in it and it proved to be reasonably accurate at 100 yards (which is to say, I could hit the target). Tumbled a bit, really ever so slightly to the right, but was pretty consistent.

lazer

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Sounds like fun! If it was me, I'd want to wade into a riot with something a little stouter than a 410, though. :shock: Back in the day, I had a Martini riot shotgun - 14ga, I believe. It had Egyptian markings & a special firing pin for special ammo so if it was stolen, it couldn't be used with store-bought 14 ga ammo. (?) Or so the story goes. I wanted to rebarrel it to 16 ga, but a collector talked me out of it.

Milsurps are cool because there's so much history behind them! :D SW

G

·
I remember seeing the SMLE 410's in the back of the American Rifleman , when I was a little kid :D That was in the early 60's magazine's I believe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts