Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Another .35 Rem Coming

3K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  gunrunner 
#1 ·
Due to a thread started on here by Anachronism, I became aware of the popularity of 1951 mfg Marlin 336A's. So I walk into my LGS on Monday to discover that he has just put one in .35 Rem on the rack. Gun looked nice so I came home and questioned the guys on here about the desirability of such a gun. They assured me that it would be a valuable addition to my collection if it was in decent shape. So I went back today and inspected it again. It is in beautiful condition with 95%+ metal and real nice wood. It has a Williams fencepost scope and peep sight mounted on it. Bore is really shiny with good grooves. I told him to put my name on it and I would redeem it next week so it's mine. Don't know what I'll do with two 35 Rems but couldn't pass it up. Maybe trade it for a .32? Pics later when I get it.

#4 ·
Thanks RevDerb. I'm glad to know that I've helped contribute to another round of Marlinitis. ;)

And besides, someone has to give those fine old Marlins a good home. ;D

(Those '51 336A models sure are sweet aren't they?)

#5 ·
Anachronism said:
Thanks RevDerb. I'm glad to know that I've helped contribute to another round of Marlinitis. ;)

It really is a nice looking rifle. I'm anxious to pick it up.

#6 ·
Buy a third one to keep 'em company. I have three and it doesn't hurt one bit and one of them is a 1951 336A model ...
That way when you're out hunting with one the other one isn't all alone in the safe waiting for ya'll to come back ;D, Lonnie.

#7 ·
Lonnie said:
That way when you're out hunting with one the other one isn't all alone in the safe waiting for ya'll to come back ;D, Lonnie.
I think that it'll work out because I always like to have two rifles with me when I'm hunting just in case I experience issues with one. This past season my backup was usually my .45/70.

#8 ·
Anachronism said:

My own A in .35 Remington is a 1951 model, and, yes, they are real sweet.

#10 ·
As has been said, you will need another to go with those two. Same reason I have more horses than we can ride at one time. So the ones left behind won't get lonely and cause trouble. :D A 1951 is the one I have looked for, since it is my year of birth, but have not been able to find. Congratulations on a good find.

#11 ·
Longfin said:
As has been said, you will need another to go with those two. Same reason I have more horses than we can ride at one time. So the ones left behind won't get lonely and cause trouble. :D A 1951 is the one I have looked for, since it is my year of birth, but have not been able to find. Congratulations on a good find.
Wow! Yer a young un'.

#15 ·
She sure is a beauty, RevDerb. Congratulations!

That's a pretty interesting sight setup as well - I might be dating myself here but I've never seen a scope mount like that. Here's hoping she shoots as good as she looks.

#16 ·
I had never seen a sight/scope set-up like that either but my LGS said that it was quite common back in the fifties. I definitely am curious as to how the peep will work too.

I'm really anxious to shoot it. I'm anxious to shoot anything but it's currently 7F up here and dark. Also, I have two services to do plus communion to shut-ins today so it will have to wait for another day. Haven't shot anything in weeks. :'(

Wish that some of you folks were closer to share and give me some pointers.

#18 ·
Same here RevDerb,And it goes both ways ;) Sometimes I need advice with your work. ;)Not making sunday school but Ill be there for service. My Dads a deacon,he called last night and said Preacher Caldwell wanted to talk to us about the wedding.No worries there,I love and respect the Man.We are both in our late 40s,so We should know what we want out of each other. I hope that rifle is a nail driver for ya. Cant wait to hear how she does. Gunrunner,,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.