Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
6,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the two year undertaking of my first 32 Spl project I decided that I wanted another. This one is a Trapper with 16 1/2" barrel and it only took about 3 months to put together.

The barrel is from a model 36 that I found on ebay, glad the seller had a buy it now price cause that's what I did. The extractor on the 336 bolt is a little wider than the one on the model 36 so I did have to fit that. Initial range test was satisfactory with Rem core lokt ammo at 50 yards. Will try to stretch it out tomorrow or the next day.
Plant Wood Trunk Grass Chainsaw
Plant Wood Grass Tool Tree
Plant Hand tool Natural material Wood Tool
Gesture Circle Communication Device Gas Thumb

· Administrator
31,375 Posts
Well, that sweet carbine ought to be quick to point and easy handling! I like it!

I'd love to find a Marlin chambered in 32SPL but out west they're a needle in a hay stack.

Looking forward to accuracy at 100yds with rolling your own.

Jack

· Registered
1,429 Posts
Very nice build pig ninja....I love a trapper. The only one I have is a 336 in 30-30win. It travels with me in the truck.
One additional step I took was to cut 3/4 of an inch off the front of the walnut forearm. To me it seemed to balance the look of the shortened barrel a little better?? You can see in pic below
Wood Hardwood Metal Wood stain Titanium
Musical instrument Sleeve Wood Wind instrument Shotgun

· Registered
2,466 Posts
Awesome job on the 32 "build", which is a project I long to perform. But .... can't handle a 336 with a straight "Win94" grip. Sorry, just not for me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts