Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 1 Catch-All Room....a.ka. cats room...a.k.a dryer room.

My problem is...I can't seem to get the gumption to re-organize it....I don't know why...I talk myself into it..open the door and close it immediately...lol...now I realize this would lead folks to believe it's really horrible in there...but really it isn't.

We're having new windows put in soon and I need to get in there and re-organize it...so that there is nothing in the way of the window...before the workers get here.

Now I know..IF..I would just go in there and get busy...I'd have it done in an hour or so...I'm happy we're getting new windows...we seriously need them...and it would be like going on a treasure hunt...not to mention, I'm sure a whole bunch of stuff would find it's way to the Thrift Shop...leaving even more room in there...so WHY am I dreading it so much?

Could it be sheer defiance ?8)

I fear this may be the case....because the Secretary from the window company called last week and kind of snippy said, without a hello...just this is so and so from such n such window company then, ...."It is your responsiblity to make sure that there is nothing in the way of your windows for the men...you have to remove all curtains...rods, etc., IF you DON'T...your windows will NOT be replaced and we will NOT be responsible!"

Now I won't say here what I was sorely tempted to say to her...instead ... I couldn't resist the fun of saying,.... "WHAT!?...Why that man told me they'd be glad to take down the curtains and rearrange my furniture at no extra charge, and now you want me to do it!?...Sheeesh!"

Then she got really excited and went into a slight fit over the phone...but that didn't bother me...made me feel better really...I know...I know...that was mean of me...but geee whiz...she didn't have to be such a snot-blossom about it the whole thing in the first place....I mean c'mon...why wouldn't I have it all ready for them to go to work?...I realize that they have probably run into the sort that would expect them to do it all, but still I feel it tacky for them to assume everybody woud be like that.

So what do you think Anna....am I just being a rebellious brat..as a result of that phone call or just what is my problem? :wink:

·
Registered
670 Posts
sheer defiance??...NAAHHH!

CJ, I can certainly sympathize with you! I actually think that everyone has a room or area in their house like that. Thing is, not everybody has to clean theirs up 'cause they're gettin' new windows! In mho, I think that your piss-poor attitude is a result of several issues which you have with the whole situation. The snotty phone call probably "put the icing on the cake", but obviously there's a more underlying psychosis in play here that had prevented you from completing the task at hand even before the phone call. Could it be that you're resentful because you know that you need to get it done when you'd much rather be out having fun playing tunes for coins at Walmart?? OR.....maybe you're just waitin' on the mister to do it for you??!! :lol: :wink:

Annabelle

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Anna...I don't deny I had an attitude with that room and that mean lady on the phone sure didn't help matters.....Your right...I had other things that I foud much more fun to do than re-organize that stupid room...like clean my guns ... keepin' up with the Rabid Squirrel Crew and yepper singing too.

Naaaw I didn't want Mister to re-organize it...he has other things that need his attention and doesn't need to be bothered with that...though he did offer. .... Mister is a good dude.

Anyway.... I finally snapped to it night before last and as usual...once I started on it...I couldn't stop till I was satisfied with the results...had it done in no time. ...now the dreaded deed is done and I'm on to fun stuff again. :D

Take Care Anna :wink:

G

·
hope CJ and Waxer don't get locked up for panhandlin' at Wally World now that she got the cleaning done and is off to have some fun.

·
Registered
670 Posts
CJ, I am soooo proud of you for gettin' that room ready for the window guys. Now don't you feel better?? And please try to stay out of trouble while you're out having fun. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember: We are........

8) "twisted sistas"!

Love ya,
Braveheart

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WoooHoooooooooo!!! ...... You oughta see these windows!

You can actually see through them ... I almost hate to cover them with curtains now! :D

All the windows were verrrrry old and the seal was broken between the double panes, so no matter what I tried, they always looked awful and were never clear. I don't know how act now. :wink:

I had them put in a regular clear window in our bathroom instead of the frosted glass, the window is high enough and faces the back of the house so there is no fear of anyone being able to peek in, unless they had a ladder and then they'd have to be awful desperate, then they'd be disappointed and never speak of it anyway...lol

Waxer and I need to go do some panhandlin' at Wally Weird so we can buy more ammo, 'cause now we can actually open the windows and shoot from them at targets :wink: ... but don't tell Mister or Wannabe cause they like to try to spoil our shananigans8)

I can't wait for the snow to melt, so that I can set my cowboy camp back up and shoot targets from it, while cookin' and havin' some good old fashion cowboy coffee.

Ohhhhhhhhh! .... You should have seen the Beautiful Rooster Pheasant I saw yesterday while looking out new clear bathroom window ... I'd have missed it for sure if I'd have let them put in that nasty frosted glass. :D

·
Registered
670 Posts
CJ,
I am so glad that you finally got them in and that you like them! You and Waxer be careful and don't get locked up at Wally World. I won't tell Jay where you are, but Wannabe might read your post!?

Anna

1 - 7 of 7 Posts