Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Anna explain please?

4K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  Sand Draw Jake 
#1 ·
Why is it that with Direct TV and all those channels including encore and all those it seems the best movies aka suspence/drama the ones that make you try and figure out the plot are on the "Womens Channels" Lifetime etc?Don't be a smarty-allick as my wife is but it does amaze me that when looking for a good movie there always seem to be one there.

Just the name makes a guy feel like a sissy for watching.My son refuses to watch with a closed mind because it is the womens channel by name.Shouldn't or couldn't they re-name it?

Welcome back.........Jayco

#2 ·
A REAL MAN??

Hello, my sweet Jayco!
I, too, enjoy those crime-solving, suspense & drama tv shows and/or movies. I especially enjoy CSI: Miami, CSI: Las Vegas, Law & Order, Without a Trace, Cold Case Files and Court TV. Do you watch those?? In my neck of the woods, none of those are on the "Women's channels". I must agree that they do show some really good movies on the "women's channels", but you should be secure enough with your manhood that it doesn't matter what you watch! And you need to teach your son the same thing!

Annabelle

#3 ·
I don't know about this "Lifetime" channel. Every time I sit down to catch up on what my wife is watching it seems to be the same movie. Sure, it has a different name, and different actors, but they only have about five different movies altogether. :oops:

My wife by now answers, "Don't sit, it's a Lifetime movie." :roll: When I ask her "Whatchawatching?" She knows by now I can only sit and watch for about five minutes before I fell compelled to go do something more entertaining, such as water the lawn or organize the stuff under the kitchen sink. :wink:

But to each his own. The name doesn't bother me, the contents do. 8)

#4 ·
I may be mistaken but I think Lifetime and The Womens Channel both support ANTI-GUN groups so I don't even consider watching them. I try not to support any organization with a anti-gun agenda as much as possible. You're entitled to watch whatever you want but it is just not my cup of tea. :shock: :roll:

#5 ·
Re: A REAL MAN??

ANNABELLE said:
Hello, my sweet Jayco!
I, too, enjoy those crime-solving, suspense & drama tv shows and/or movies. I especially enjoy CSI: Miami, CSI: Las Vegas, Law & Order, Without a Trace, Cold Case Files and Court TV. Do you watch those?? In my neck of the woods, none of those are on the "Women's channels". I must agree that they do show some really good movies on the "women's channels", but you should be secure enough with your manhood that it doesn't matter what you watch! And you need to teach your son the same thing!

Annabelle
Anna-Man I hate to admit this but yes I do plus I'm hooked on "The District" .Every morning like Dallas of old it is the District for me.Dang...Keeps my mind going in the right direction when I can't be out and about.

If you have never seen "The Missing" with Tommy Lee Jones ya ought to check it out.I rate it with Jerimiah Johnson.Another recluse trying to do right.

Best of luck........Jayco

#7 ·
The theme on those chick channel flicks are all the same: Helpless yet superior IQ woman overcomes worthless brute hubby/boss/boyfriend. I'd like to see the one where innocent hubby gets taken to the cleaner by wife and her new husband because she lied in court and has all the kids and he can't go see 'em anymore :evil:

G
#10 ·
tubbythetuba said:
The theme on those chick channel flicks are all the same: Helpless yet superior IQ woman overcomes worthless brute hubby/boss/boyfriend. I'd like to see the one where innocent hubby gets taken to the cleaner by wife and her new husband because she lied in court and has all the kids and he can't go see 'em anymore :evil:
Sounds like real life to me.
Patty

#12 ·
tubbythetuba said:
Tubby,

I'm not a fan of reality TV. :lol:

#13 ·
I thought they called it the Lifetime channel because it takes a lifetime to show an entire movie with all the commercials they show!! I have seen one or two good movies on it, though the best one that comes to mind was one about Andy Griffith playing a granddad with his grandson's heart protecting a girl who claimed her step-father was molesting. Old Andy took the guy down physically there at the end in a way that reminds me of my grandfather and the older men of his generation. Other than that movie, most of the rest of them are forgettable.

#14 ·
Jayco don't worry I promise not to tell the guys on Big Bore about this little incident. :shock: You know, the women channel and all. :roll: As a matter of fact I myself will spend a lot of time convincing myself that your wife logged on under your name while you were out doing some important and manly things like the Jayco Rock Crusher Test on some more of them whimpy Remington lead cores, log cutting, critter blasting, and stuff like that. :lol:

#16 ·
Gunjunkie said:
Gurn,, I was going to copy and paste it to the big bore section,, and you just had to say that to him .. :( :twisted: :twisted: :p :p
Jayco is just touching himself again.........Or is it getting in touch with himself??.......whatever, It's probably not a real good idea :twisted:

#18 ·
I don't really like that channel though it does have chick flicks -- but not the good, mushy kind. That channel seems to focus on women overcoming abuse and mistreatment, and while that may be a very significant reality in a lot of women's lives--the first slap, or mention of it, is a sign that a woman simply needs to move on and get out of it instead of making it into a big huge drama.

#19 ·
O.K-Is the Hallmark channel any more "Manly"?Watched a good one last night trying to get the little woman un-mad at me for my motorcycle parts being all over the house and not being to bright and cleaned them in the shower stall...."She's Hot" as in mad and Jayco's walking a thin line. :cry:

Jayco

#21 ·
jaycocreek said:
O.K-Is the Hallmark channel any more "Manly"?Watched a good one last night trying to get the little woman un-mad at me for my motorcycle parts being all over the house and not being to bright and cleaned them in the shower stall...."She's Hot" as in mad and Jayco's walking a thin line. :cry:

Jayco
Jayco, next time take a shower with the parts, and she might think old Jayco sure was dirty working on that bike and was glad you shower and didn't get grease all over the place :twisted:

Sturgis

#22 ·
Jay, don't worry about those bike parts....greasy or not. Secretly, women LIKE greasy parts all over their house. Just put your foot down and TELL her those parts are gonna be where ever YOU want them to be and that's that.

#24 ·
Leverdude said:
Might wanna try a tub with kerosene or deisel next time Jayco. Or the dishwasher. :lol:
That's the ticket. Just slosh a gallon of kerosene on the parts inside the dishwasher before you start the cycle. Then lay low for a year or two.

#26 ·
OK, now guys! I love all of you...(some more than others :wink:), but don't start bashing women and puttin' them all in the same category! I know that some women do the same thing re: men but that's not the way to do it. Now someone in the group, Tubby, is really down on women all of a sudden. What's up with that, did someone of the female persuasion not blow your tuba properly?? :shock: :lol: Me thinks you need to talk to Anna.....
I think it's healthy, and also sexy, when a man shows he has some sensitivity to him and can relate to a woman's feelings; if he's able to show it, that makes him more of a man in my book....not a sissy! I also don't think that men or women should expect the other to be right up their butt all the time, either.
And, yes, I love watching Gunsmoke, John Wayne and Clint Eastwood movies, hunting/shooting, fishing, camping and sports....but I'm all woman! :wink:

Annabelle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.