·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
M

·
0 Posts
...Andrew..interesting article on the "interceptor&quot

I note the article states they're accurate, i will be interested to try them myself. The Super Maximum was tried in several of my guns and it wasnt worth spit. 25 yard groups were shotgun patterns....

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I have tried the SuperMax also. Accuracy was just about OK...but not with the Mini Mags and some other rounds.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

I have one rifle that shoots Super Max "well" and that's my old Brno#1. It will group about and inch at 25 yards. Why they are so popular is beyond me. I have been told that if you shoot a few boxes of Super Max, only, through a rifle, accuracy will improve. I have personally seen a Sako Finn Fire that will group ragged holes at 25 yards with the stuff.

Interceptor shoots at or under an inch at 50 for 10 shots. It may not do so in your guns but it does in mine. It is exceptionally powerful and intended for meat eating, not paper punching. I guess they are selling a lot of it through Natchez Shooters Supply and the feedback is favorable~Andrew

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

I recieved a couple of bricks of the production ammo today and was suprised to see they have changed the bullet style slightly. What was once a round nose in the pre-production version now has a small meplat (flat) on the nose.

I took it out and busted some small rocks at 50 yard in the wind so it seems to shoot just as well. The telling thing was when I hit one of my favorite fist-sized plinking rocks and broke it with the Interceptor. Coincidence? Dunno! I'll bet it hits harder! I guess it's back to the field for trials with the new bullet! ~Andrew

1 - 5 of 5 Posts