1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
16,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
801 Posts
Optic, weapon light, backup irons, sling. More than that is virtually never needed on a general-purpose rifle.

I've never understood the appeal of turning a lightweight, handy rifle into a 12lb boat anchor.

·
Super Moderator
17,802 Posts
Sure is a lot of stuff you can add... I have a sling, irons and a red dot. Why even put a light on it? You put a flash hider on to dim muzzle flash, why put a lit target on it?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Sure is a lot of stuff you can add... I have a sling, irons and a red dot. Why even put a light on it? You put a flash hider on to dim muzzle flash, why put a lit target on it?
Because, burglars are not the only people who let themselves into your house in the middle of the night. There are enough tragic instances of family members being shot after being mistaken for burglars that a weapon light is mandatory equipment, in my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
17,802 Posts
Because, burglars are not the only people who let themselves into your house in the middle of the night. There are enough tragic instances of family members being shot after being mistaken for burglars that a weapon light is mandatory equipment, in my opinion.
I see the wisdom in that... I use a handgun and a flashlight in my other hand for home defense... Hopefully to avoid that scenario...

·
Super Moderator
11,064 Posts
As long as they can sell it you will see these gadgets hanging off AR's. Me ----I like to keep it simple and functional. Too much technology on a rifle means more to break. I rather put the money into quality parts like a good trigger, barrel, and a good dot sight or good quality fixed sights, better springs and bolt parts.

Reactions: gunscrewguy

·
Registered
905 Posts
How come they don't make a cup holder that mounts on the AR ?
Most people that buy this kind of crap always have a big gulp in their hand.
Where are they supposed to put it.

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
It's like George Carlin said:

"Nail together two things that have never been nailed together before and some schmuck will buy it."

Another place I used to see silly stuff was the Harley-Davidson dealership.

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
There is apparently someone somewhere who will will buy pretty much anything. I dont get the FAB defense handgun on a rifle thing at all. I thought FAB were actually a good firm making good stuff. Then again, remember the Ford Edsel.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.