Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An actual question for Anna. What can a loving hubby do to survive the horrors of the little woman's menopause and help minimize her temporary discomforts that are now about three years in duration, or seem that way?
This opening the window-closing the window, waking at 3 am-going to bed at 3 am, sweating-freezing stuff is beginning to get my goat.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
41Retro,
How long has this been going on? My wife started around 50 and now after 7 years either she getting "better" or I'm getting used to this crazy lifestyle. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
7 years? Yikes, did you break an industrial grade mirror or something?
If my disposition is tainted by some motorist who runs me off the road, I'm a grouch. If I let a meager expletive slip out after smashing my thumb with a hammer, I'm a curmudgeon. But all manner of hell fire and brimstone is justified with the universal female "hormone" excuse. I think menopause was fabricated to replace PMS as an excuse once "that time of the month" quit happening. But everything else is MY fault. What, a cat tore open the garbage?--Sorry dear. A bird dirtied the windshield?--I'll try harder. The water from the water heater is too hot?--It won't happen again. Gotta go. I feel a hot flash about to erupt.

·
Super Moderator
15,954 Posts
41Retro said:
An actual question for Anna. What can a loving hubby do to survive the horrors of the little woman's menopause and help minimize her temporary discomforts that are now about three years in duration, or seem that way?
This opening the window-closing the window, waking at 3 am-going to bed at 3 am, sweating-freezing stuff is beginning to get my goat.
I can tell you from personal experience it's worse than what I went through when my 3 year old son died of leukemia many years ago. GET HER TO THE DOCTOR & ON PREMARIN ASAP!

G

·
41Retro said:
7 years? Yikes, did you break an industrial grade mirror or something?
If my disposition is tainted by some motorist who runs me off the road, I'm a grouch. If I let a meager expletive slip out after smashing my thumb with a hammer, I'm a curmudgeon. But all manner of hell fire and brimstone is justified with the universal female "hormone" excuse. I think menopause was fabricated to replace PMS as an excuse once "that time of the month" quit happening. But everything else is MY fault. What, a cat tore open the garbage?--Sorry dear. A bird dirtied the windshield?--I'll try harder. The water from the water heater is too hot?--It won't happen again. Gotta go. I feel a hot flash about to erupt.

A bit of exaggerating going on here!!! :eek:
Yes, I'll admit, I have been somewhat "off" on occasion lately, but it ain't easy for me either!!
meager expletive ? :? I'm embarassed to face the neighbors after one of his 'meager' expletives!!! :shock:
A curmudgeon?? Yes, that he is, and he's proud of it!!
Two way street, here!!! :lol:

(p.s. HRT is out of the question)

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
RomanCandle said:
I can't wait to go through menopause so I can be a holy terror.
And that would be different how?? :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
tubbythetuba said:
RomanCandle said:
Call me a chicken chit Tubby, but I was gonna say that & backed out . :lol:

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Leverdude said:
tubbythetuba said:
RomanCandle said:
Call me a chicken chit Tubby, but I was gonna say that & backed out . :lol:
I am a little scared to shut my eyes. Someone feed the dog if I'm "gone" tomorrow :shock:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Tubby,
Beware of Roman Candles bearing gifts, especially edible ones!

·
Registered
288 Posts
bigbore577 said:
Tubby,
Beware of Roman Candles bearing gifts, especially edible ones!
Naw, she's a great cook! In fact, I hear she concocts the meanest Maine Koone-Kat Stew you ever tasted!

:shock:
[/b]

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Tubby.. is this going to be one of them love/hate relationships.??? And are we going to have a Wedding????? :twisted:

·
Registered
543 Posts
No Tubby I'd never do anything mean to you no matter how many hormones were attacking me so you don't have to worry about me when I become a holy terror.

Loony /lisa, ain't you got anything better to do than follow another woman around the internet? That was a rhetorical question, BTW, no need to answer because I aleady know you don't have a freakin' life offline. Pretty pathetic, all these lovely men in our beautiful state almost handsomer than Tubby and yet you spend night after lonely night staring at a PC screen. Guess that's a good thing for the guys though, keeps ya off the streets.

Leverdude I got that picture I told you I was gonna send you, of me and my brother and sister, I'm the one in the middle but I can't send it right now because I got it in an attachment and don't have time to stick it in my photobucket account because I have no patience for freakin' ass dial up.

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Dont sweat it, I told you it can wait till you get back.

·
Registered
543 Posts
That's good, I am also getting lots of good Alaska pictues and I'll send you some too Tubby and Bigbore.

Oh and lun-a-tick /lisa, don't take this as a sign that I am going to be engaging in conversation with yu here on a regular basis, I merely threw you a bone like the dog that you are because your desperaration for my attention is so obvious and so pathetic. I come here to talk to my boys and that's all, if other women held the same fascination for me that they obviously do for you I'd be following you around the internet the way you do me, but I'm not bent that way.

I'd rather stalk Tubby and BestLever. :)

Be careful, boys, it seeks out male attention too in its abundant spare time but there ain't a lot of guys stupid enough to have anything to do with it.

·
Registered
288 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Roman Candle, you need to cool your jets. Miss Nomer
has just as much right to be on this board as you do;
in fact, maybe a little more since she did nothing to
instigate your rude comments. I know the two of you
have had problems with each other in the past on
another board, but you'll not bring it here.

Annabelle

·
Registered
670 Posts
retro41, Since you have opened this 'can of worms' in
view of everyone, I think you may have paid for it at home.
Since some know who your spouse is makes it worse; but
since you asked for advice, I feel obligated to answer. You
and your spouse may not like parts of what I say, but I'm
trying to be impartial.

First of all, it's not her fault that she's going through this time
in her life; that's the way we're made. Some men also get
PMS, so maybe you could stop and take a look at yourself.
The most important thing is for the two of you to be able to
take a step back, take a deep breath and then talk to each
other calmly about the problem at hand. You should both be
able to see that each of you are partly at fault, and try not
to say really hurtful comments that you'll regret later.
She can't use HRT, but maybe her doctor could try something
else. Regardless, you should try to be more understanding
and be there for her; after all, I think she'd be there for you
if you had a debilitating disease.

Anna

G

·
too lazy to log in...............

Nice to see that you've found someone you can bond with, Anna-Belle. Maybe it will post some of its recipes, I am sure they are worthy of your culinary expertise :) Please remember to ask it about it's bean tacos, I'm sure they're just your thing. :)

Guest, I'd tell ya to " cool your jets" since the catifght you're hoping for ain't gonna happen due to lack of time and interest on my part, but I'm not sure what that particular phrase actually means having not heard it much and not since the 70's.

Now back to important things like men; Tubby I dreamed about you last night and you sure a nice to dream about.
I am seriously considering that layover in Seattle we talked about....

1 - 20 of 42 Posts