Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The MFCA show in Denver is 2 weekends away. Mom's day is next weekend. In the Sunday paper, besides the usual inserts, there were a couple of flyers from jewelry stores advertising 'heavily' discounted rings, etc. 'just in time for Mother's day'. I returned from work last night in the wee hrs of the morning and saw the jewelry flyers on the kitchen counter.

Well, I've never claimed to be the sharpest pencil in the desk, but I sensed a subtle message in the placement of the flyers - they were a little too casually strewn about where I always set my cooler to share the leftovers with the family pot licker. - He makes it a point to get up and save me from any possible food poisoning that I might get from eating lunch box debris.

Anyway, when I got up around noon, I asked Mrs. Hogger if she would like to pick out a nice ring for Mother's Day since the sale ended today. Dumb question, Steve! To make a long story short, I wrote a larger check than I had anticipated, but I do believe I'm golden to get a toy at the show in Denver.

That's how it works at our house: She gets what she wants FIRST, and what I want is soon to follow with a minimum of fussing. It's not a bad system, but DANG! :shock: I didn't get off near as easy as I'd hoped! Only one or two toys this show!

See everybody there!! :D :D SW

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
I know what you mean Steve! Between my trip to Reno for the Antique gun show, and my wife's request for a new washer-dryer for mother's day, I'll be cancelling my trip to Denver.
Looks like I'll be eating leftovers for the next couple of months! Have a lot of fun in Denver, and find something very nice for yourself!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah...Peace and domestic tranquility! We'll meet up at a MFCA show another year. SW

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Mother's Day is this Sunday???!!! :shock: This day has been a bone of contention between me and Mrs. S. for quite sometime.... She expects a gift from me, even though I ( unwisely ) reminded her that she is NOT my mother.... what to get her??? She has already promised to help me out on the purchase of a Nikkor 55mm micro lens ( so's I can get pix of the molecular structure of Marlin roll stamps and put them up here ) because I bailed her out of a jam last month...my poor flea bitten empty wallet! The truck is in the shop getting new front end stuff- tie rods etc. so's I don't take the ditch... darn- what to get Mrs? Maybe I'll get her a couple of Cooey single shot extractors :D- I'll figger something out- chocolate is always good, and so is cappucino french vanillaed.....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
335 Posts
My wife got a new couch after tax time, plus she's got to bingo a bunch. some new clothes too. Maybe, I'll be able to get myself a retirement gift come July. Also have a sniff of an antique Marlin maybe close here. got get her stuff first so's I can get mine.............Buck 8) :shock:

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Retirement in July! Congratulations Buck! Wish I was in your shoes! I've got a few more years myself, and they wont go fast enough!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts