Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im building a 1894 cbc .45lc and need to get a new tube ! My question is when I look them up It showes different ones ! Like a 30-30 style ?? What is a 30-30 style and what kind do I need for a 20 inch octagon barrel ? Thanks John

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any one know ?

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
I don't know, good question. I am guessing the cbc is a cowboy? No matter, I would think with the octagon barrel that you wouldn't want the 30-30 style because it has a front barrel band holding the tube in place and with the oct barrel you need a screw that goes through the tube and threads into a dovetail piece.. Sorry couldn't be of more help..

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
Yep, barrel bands and octagon barrels don't mix. Octagon barreled Marlins will have a forend cap and a hanger under the muzzle for the magazine tube.

CBC in a 1894 means CowBoy Competition which were a variant on the 1894 Cowboy in either 38 Special or 45 Colt that had case colored receivers and factory slicked up actions for the CAS crowd. The 38 had a case color bolt while the 45 had a blued bolt. These were regular catalogued guns.

Back to the original question, a mag tube for any 20" large caliber 1894 Cowboy should work.

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
I think the 45 uses the same tube as a 30/30. I know a 44 does. You need one for a rifle with a dovetailed stud. Only real difference is the end cap and the size of the hole for the screw.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i guess i will try the 30*30 one ! Thanks John

·
Premium Member
4,446 Posts
If you do not already know this link it is on Brownells and is the index for almost every Marlin Schematic. Just pick the model you want and you can identify almost any part then click on the part numer for the specific description like these two listed below:

MAGAZINE TUBE

* Mfr:MARLIN
* Price:$25.04

* 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
* Bookmark and Share

FITS: 1894CBC, .38 Spl

MAGAZINE TUBE

* Mfr:MARLIN
* Price:$25.39

* 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
* Bookmark and Share

FITS: 1894P, .44 Mag

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/mid=105/schematics/Marlin_

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks ! I booked mark it ! I was using the numrich one ! John

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
Golfbuddy, neither one of those tubes would work on his 45 Colt CBC. The first one is for a 38 and has a smaller diameter. The second is for a 1894P which has a 16.5 inch barrel.

·
Premium Member
4,446 Posts
Right .... since. He is building a unique rifle but just showing where to find parts if he did not know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts