Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I figured I'd share my ammo accuracy test I did on my 25MN.
I had 6 different rounds I wanted to test. The photo of the ammo indicates which target they were shot at and thus the results.
The rifle was on a decent rest, there was little wind and the target was set at 50 yards. I'm sure there was a bit of me factored in on a couple of groups but there were definitely some favorites.
My plan is to eventually hunt varmints and predators with this rifle so the higher velocity ammo is preferred.
I have since purchased a few more boxes of the Winchester HV. 馃憤

Anyone else have an accurate high velocity round?

~ JJ

Attachments

Registered
My MN does not like anything I have tried except CCI Maxi Mag. I have not tried those Winchesters so now I need to find a box.

Registered
I haven't tried a great variety of brands but one recurring theme was mine liked any 40 or 50 grain but 30 gr groups would open up 3 times the size.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't tried a great variety of brands but one recurring theme was mine liked any 40 or 50 grain but 30 gr groups would open up 3 times the size.
Yes sir, you got to find which load your rifle likes and they all can be different!

I recently discovered the ammo test forum. I guess this thread could have went there.
My apologies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts