Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to share my good fortune, just about 3000 rounds of .22LR, $240. Armslist, about 10 minute drive from my house, time from his listing to me driving away, less than 30 minutes.
image.jpg

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad you got a decent stash of 22. My math shows that at $40 a brick though. Hopefully not the new normal.
He didn't have a total or a price. I offered $0.08/round. Unfortunately, I think that's the lowest it will go. I hope I'm wrong, but I was debating getting 2 bricks of American Eagle @ $100 brick + shipping yesterday, but couldn't bring myself to pay that.

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
congrats, nice score

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have not bought any 22 in quite a while. I will not pay more than $15 a brick.
Yes, its been a while. 3 cent .22 ammo is long gone. Glad the OP found some, but I don't think 8 cents is a "score". Now, being able to buy a large quantity... yes, that's a score.

·
Registered
211 Posts
nice score, sure wish we had some quantity like that here

·
Registered
20,520 Posts
Just picked up some American Eagle for $2.49/40= about .06 cents/round. Initially thought it was a box of 50 as that USED TO BE the norm...slick on their part if you ask me! Kinda like the breakfast sausage company reducin' the amount of sausage they were puttin' in their package by just a little and keepin' the price the same!

·
Super Moderator
5,142 Posts
I just picked up a 1400 rd bucket O bullets at Dicks for $50.00

·
Super Moderator
5,142 Posts
I realize that its junk ammo, but it will be fine for plinking.I have a good supply of hunting ammo.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The local Walmart near me had Winchester 22lr 1000rds $50.87
I would love that, I haven't seen a brick on a shelf in NH since 2011. When it is here, the limit is 200 rounds. 4 boxes of 50 @ $4-$5/box or 2 boxes of 100 @ $8-$9/box.

I went to 3 stores, 3 times last week (9 stops) and found no 22LR, probably 90 miles extra, so $12 in gas.

So around here $0.08-$0.09 per round is the retail price. I really didn't save anything but time and gas for 3000 rounds at once, but now I can shoot and not worry about grabbing 200 rounds at a time. I'll still grab the 200 rounds when I'm in the neighborhood, but no special trips.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
My LGS has had a large supply of 22LR Federal Automatch 325 rounds for $14.99
They have some other stuff I think Americrap Eagle 22LR the one that comes in 40
round boxes. I didn't look at the price, it won't shoot worth beans in anything I
own. I'm stuck with about 2 bricks that I overpaid for last year. The Automatch
ammo is 100% better.
I'd trade them both bricks for one brick of Wolf 22 Extra Match ammo.

I like Federal and I own it in a few calibers but none of my 22LR's like their
American Eagle. In some guns it's among the best ammo I have.

·
Banned
8,174 Posts
I cannot bring myself to be gauged by sellers on the internet.When I get low on 22lr.I show up at Walmart every day before work to look for 22lr. Slim pickings last 2 weeks.Well,this week I had a job in Titusville.So I had my guys meet me at 7:15 am every day at Walmart.This gives me 15 min to look for ammo.Mon Tue and Wed I left empty handed.On Thu morning I bought three 555rd boxes of 22lr Winchester copper plated hollow points for $25 ea.Now I will enjoy shooting my 22 lr until I start running running low.Then I will hit Walmart again.

Reactions: microzap

·
Premium Member
6,592 Posts
We are limited to 100 rounds at most places around here.
Bass pro no more than 2 boxes of fifty or one box of a hundred or more.
I get my limit every now and then.
Now my needs are for 22 mag as I have one of them high tech O/U 22 mag 20 gauge things coming soon.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
22 mag costs as much if not more than 9mm in my area, and it's
10 times tougher to find.
Love the round, hate the price.

Reactions: MidBigWest

·
Premium Member
6,592 Posts
22 mag costs as much if not more than 9mm in my area, and it's
10 times tougher to find.
Love the round, hate the price.
Yeah I know but I did not have a OU high tech shotgun. Kind of needed one because it was cool.

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
I don't know why people classify the remington golden bullet as junk, I've read several instances of it, I've alway's had good luck with it. Feed's and functions just fine, alway's been accurate enough for minute of golf ball, grouse, or rabbit.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
You can't beat those high tech shotgun/22LR or 22Mag guns for SHTF. Thumb.jpg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts